Car broken down

Traffic backed up all the way to Rt 235. No place to go.
Bridge camera not working right now.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Didn’t notice any change in traffic here. My evening commute was same as usual.
nobody likes a smart ass :)

I left base around 1800, ironically I was home not to long after I would have been had I left at 1700
Not to say there weren't some people I wanted to kick in the arse, But far from the normal gridlock.

Last week I had to stop in LP City, so I thought I would drive down GM Rd to RT 5 and then cut up Indian Bridge.
That was shot to hell when I got to CR Rd and saw traffic backed up through the light, looked like a parking lot from there to RT 5.
Opted to take CR Rd and use the 235 parking lot.

I feel for the emergency service vehicles on a call, with people using the right turn lane, and stuck in that because of the bridge, I don't know how they are supposed to navigate 235.

littlelady

God bless the USA
That is not the way to win friends or influence people.

No, it is not a good thing. You triggered a memory. Back in the day in NOLA, when my parents said never drive across the Mississippi River Bridge in a car that they were not driving. Well,..I did go over the bridge with my boyfriend that was driving, and the car lost a tire. What a mess that turned out to be. Circa 1970. Learned a big lesson on that day in my life. I think that is why I have never gotten a ticket in my 64 years. My goal is to have inscribed on my tombstone...she never got a ticket. :lol:

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why is it cars always decide to break down on that bridge? It's such a small bit of area, yet it seems it has a disproportionate number of breakdowns.

glhs837

Power with Control
Why is it cars always decide to break down on that bridge? It's such a small bit of area, yet it seems it has a disproportionate number of breakdowns.

Two factors.

1. Hundreds or cars break down every day that you never hear about. Like the millions of normal police citizen interactions, these breakdowns escape notice.
  2. CLimbing that slope, especially in the summertime, with fearful idiots slowing shi% down do tax an older cars systems a bit more.

TPD

the poor dad
I saw a good one today, unless of course you were the driver of the car - on GMR headed west at the traffic light with Chancellors, left lane. Light turns green for everyone to go, except this car in the left lane. Can't go. Driver and passenger get out to look. I already saw the issue - both front tires turned inward! How TF does that happen?! Just another Monday...