Car Help

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Can anybody tell me where the ignition control module is located on a car:confused: And, would it be extremely difficult to remove it so that I can locate the model and serial number?

R

rhumbpunch

Type of veichle?, year ?

On most older veichles fairly easy to swap out. Four mounting screws, two plugs. Why do you suspect a faulty Ignition Module?

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Piece of shiat aka, Saturn:)boo:) 2003.

I found a recall list on NHSTAs website, wich lists a faulty ignition control module for my car. 7 of these modules have caused under body fires. Anyhow, I called Saturn and they're telling me my car is not affected (wrong VIN # or some BS). However, my car is showing all of the warning signs listed in the recall bulletin.

R

rhumbpunch

The VIN number gives Saturn or the dealer specific info on when your car was built, what plant, some configuration data, etc. Did you purchase the car from a dealer? If, so call them. It could still be under warranty.

There is a possibility that with your 2003, this situation was corrected, and a mo better module was installed.

If you get no where with Saturn, aftermarket replacement are usually available.

Ponytail

I believe that the ignition control module is the newer version of the coil/distributor.

Follow your spark plug wires to see the block that they are all tied into.

Many newer cars no longer use a distrubutor type ignition.