Car question

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
PREMO Member
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The shop liked you so much they didn't tighten it properly, just so you'd have to come back and see them.
I've seen stuff similar to that when I was a Service Manager.:whistle:

I couldn't stand the deceitfulness and quit...

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
PREMO Member
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Gary loves me. The last time I took the car in he asked me what I wanted done. I told him I don't know but it can't cost over $1800. Surprisingly enough that's exactly what it came to.
You know that's not true!:roflmao:

SailorGirl

You know that's not true!:roflmao:
No that is true. They did things like alignment which I immediately ruined by running over a curb (several times in fact). They added wiper fluid - did something with the headlights because they're old, oil and filter, air filter - a bunch of stuff I have done in the past by myself.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
PREMO Member
Ad Free Experience
Patron
No that is true. They did things like alignment which I immediately ruined by running over a curb (several times in fact). They added wiper fluid - did something with the headlights because they're old, oil and filter, air filter - a bunch of stuff I have done in the past by myself.
I'm sure it needed the work then. It just struck me as too much of a coincidence. They're honest folks.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
PREMO Member
Ad Free Experience
Patron
They are - I should have never told them that. I'd trust Gary with my life been going to him exclusively for nearly 20 years now.
I'm going to be out and about tomorrow. I'm trying to cover a lot of territory before the weekend. I'll have tools in the Jetta, if you'd like me to take a peek. I can swing by, especially if you baked this afternoon.:yay:

SailorGirl

I'm going to be out and about tomorrow. I'm trying to cover a lot of territory before the weekend. I'll have tools in the Jetta, if you'd like me to take a peek. I can swing by, especially if you baked this afternoon.:yay:
No - I'm not that worried about it yet, and I didn't bake, and I'm not going to be home anyway - cleaning out my parent's home the majority of the day. Thank you for the offer though.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
PREMO Member
Ad Free Experience
Patron
No - I'm not that worried about it yet, and I didn't bake, and I'm not going to be home anyway - cleaning out my parent's home the majority of the day. Thank you for the offer though.
Alrighty then. Maybe another time. It's been a long day so I'm outta here.

baxter

I just installed a lift in my shop at home, would be happy to take a look at it for you, more than likely something very simple,, doesn't hurt to look at it

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I'm thinking it's just a belt of some sort and needs tightening - that's what they came up with when this happened last time. I just don't understand what makes the belt come loose.

if you do not have the squealing while driving in a straight line, but you do when turning, the additional load of on the power steering pump to push more fluid as you turn is making the belt slip