Carlos Mencia

DotTheEyes

Movie Fan
I've always had mixed feelings about Carlos Mencia. I guess I need to be in the right mood to tolerate him. There are times when his loud-mouthed, scr*w-what's-PC attitude is fun, but most of the time his crass yelling gives me a headache. Not one of my favorite stand-up comedians.

fttrsbeerwench

Yeah I'm sure his hate mail is filling rooms up at the Comedy Central offices..:ohwell:

To his credit.. He does tell it like it is and he's not nearly as bad for you as say, NIP TUCK or that wives show or that cop show on Spike where they brutalize, rape or kill at least three people per episode.

fttrsbeerwench

DotTheEyes said:
I do admire his candor and ballsy one-liners, though I prefer Bill Maher for my un-PC, politically-charged humor.

I like him too but he's kind of dry and I haven't reached the age where parched humor is more digestable than balls out smack talking.

You ever watch The Daily Show or the Colbert Report(pronounced COLBARE RAPORE)?

:lmao:

smoothmarine187

I went and watched him 2 years ago when he was at the comedy club in DC. He was great, I never stopped laughing the entire time. I like the small comedy clubs better, but I guess now he's big time.

DotTheEyes

Movie Fan
fttrsbeerwench said:
You ever watch The Daily Show or the Colbert Report(pronounced COLBARE RAPORE)?

:lmao:

Yes, I'm a huge fan of them, especially Jon Stewart's Daily Show. I love his wry, subversive style of comedy.