Carlson Criticizes Trump In Shock Interview, Suggests Ocasio-Cortez Is The Future

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Carlson explained that he doesn't believe Trump has really achieved anything because "the legislative process in this country by design is highly complex, and it's designed to be complex as a way of diffusing power, of course, because the people who framed our Constitution, founded our country, were worried about concentrations of power."

"They balanced it among the three branches as you know and they made it very hard to make legislation," Carlson continued. "In order to do it you really have to understand how it works and you have to be very focused on getting it done, and he knows very little about the legislative process, hasn't learned anything, hasn't surrounded himself with people that can get it done, hasn't done all the things you need to do so. It's mostly his fault that he hasn't achieved those things. I'm not in charge of Trump."

Carlson, who answered questions on a multitude of issues, later criticized aspects of capitalism.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/39127/carlson-blasts-trump-shock-interview-suggests-ryan-saavedra

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
While the president is the figurehead, congress is really the ones that get legislation passed. We seem to laser focus on the president all the time, while giving congress a pass. I bet if you got lobbyists out of congress things would start to get done. No more special interests, just laws that benefit most Americans.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How is any of that criticism or "ripping"? Tucker is just making an observation, very little of it a reflection on Trump himself but noting the way things are. Somehow Trump is getting the sole blame for both sides not coming together and having an orgy on the House/Senate floor. They blamed Bush for that as well. When it was Barack Obama? That's right, they blamed the Republicans.

I'm surprised at the spin from DailyWire.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Last edited:

transporter

How is any of that criticism or "ripping"? Tucker is just making an observation, very little of it a reflection on Trump himself but noting the way things are. Somehow Trump is getting the sole blame for both sides not coming together and having an orgy on the House/Senate floor. They blamed Bush for that as well. When it was Barack Obama? That's right, they blamed the Republicans.

I'm surprised at the spin from DailyWire.

Wow...now you have lost all ability to read????
"They balanced it among the three branches as you know and they made it very hard to make legislation," Carlson continued. "In order to do it you really have to understand how it works and you have to be very focused on getting it done, and he knows very little about the legislative process, hasn't learned anything, hasn't surrounded himself with people that can get it done, hasn't done all the things you need to do so. It's mostly his fault that he hasn't achieved those things. I'm not in charge of Trump."

That is a direct quote Carlson is flat out calling Trump incompetent. Carlson is flat out calling Trump's staff incompetent.

"His chief promises were that he would build the wall, de-fund planned parenthood, and repeal Obamacare, and he hasn't done any of those things," Carlson said. "I don't think he's capable. I don't think he's capable of sustained focus. I don't think he understands the system. I don't think the Congress is on his side. I don't think his own agencies support him."

That is also a direct quote calling Trump incompetent.

transporter

Somehow Trump is getting the sole blame for both sides not coming together and having an orgy on the House/Senate floor.

Yeah Trans and others try to make that play - but the GOP controls EVERYTHING why can't Trump get his <whatever> passed

:snacks:

So just to point out the stunningly obvious comrade:

Trump has sent no major legislation to Congress. The PRESIDENT, not the House and not the Senate, is supposed to set out an agenda...to set out legislative priorities. The party of this incompetent, inept and unfit President had control of both houses. They accomplished nothing but a tax cut that solely benefited the wealthiest. They did nothing on infrastructure because the President never put forth a coherent plan. They did nothing on immigration because the President has no goals, no plan, and no coherent ideas on the subject. They did nothing on Obamacare because neither Trump nor his administration was there to push thru any legislation. Trump is always at war with everyone. He treats everything as a zero sum game....so he's gotten all zeros...which he so richly deserves.

A competent President just passed....look what he accomplished with divided govt. Trump can't get sh!t done with one party rule!