Carolina vs Buffalo (NHL)

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Someone help me out here ... I'm not much of a hockey fan, but I am watching this game tonight ... if the Hurricanes win this game, they go to the stanley cup playoffs, right?

I heard on the radio that it's an omen that they'll win ... today is the start of hurricane season. :biggrin:

crabcake

:smack: Worthless bunch o' chits.

I just caught something on tv that says they'll be playing the Oilers for the Cup if they win. :getdown:

crabcake

itsbob said:
NHL??? I thought they were still on strike...

I didn't know they were on strike ... I thought that was baseball. :confused:

Hockey just sat out for a season, I thought. :ohwell:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Lock Out.. Strike.. same thing.. bunch of RIch prima donna;s thinking their multi million dollar salary isn't enough..

crabcake

CableChick said:
If it ain't college basketball what's the point? :shrug:

:smack: This is wayyyyy more exciting than basketball. Buffalo just took the lead though 2-1. :frown:

End of second period :tap:

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
crabcake said:
:smack: This is wayyyyy more exciting than basketball. Buffalo just took the lead though 2-1. :frown:

End of second period :tap:

It was a great game, and yes the winner (the hurricanes) will be in the stanley cup along with the oilers. First game's on monday night.

crabcake

I'm glad I missed the first half of the game last night because I might not have stuck around to watch the incredible comeback by the Canes. :clap:

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
crabcake said:
I'm glad I missed the first half of the game last night because I might not have stuck around to watch the incredible comeback by the Canes. :clap:
What a great game. That last goal didn't fit the script though. Oilers have a whipping boy if they lose the series.

crabcake

wharf rat said:
What a great game. That last goal didn't fit the script though. Oilers have a whipping boy if they lose the series.

From what I read, there was a miscommunication in signals between the Oilers' goalie and the guy he was holding the puck for, allowing the Canes to just come in and take it, and with an unattended goal, it was an easy score. :yay: