Carolyn misses the boat

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Usually I like her and think she gives terrific advice. On this one, however:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...4df92e-71a3-11e4-ad12-3734c461eab6_story.html

LSS:

Man is upset because his girlfriend's ex has moved back into town and girlfriend has been spending time with ex behind his back. Kicker: Ex is another woman.

Carolyn gave the spiel about trust, blah blah blah, but I wonder if she'd have had the same advice if ex was a man?

I mean, really. Your girlfriend is talking to and seeing her ex boyfriend behind your back. Wouldn't that be cause for alarm? So why should it be different just because the old flame is same-sex? I think Carolyn would have had a different answer if the ex were a man.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Sounds like the guy has an issue. The fact that he's "jealous she's been in other relationships" sounds suspicious to me. Sounds like Carolyn is not trying to stir up someone who is already being a bit ridiculous on the jealousy level.

Sounds like the guy has an issue. The fact that he's "jealous she's been in other relationships" sounds suspicious to me. Sounds like Carolyn is not trying to stir up someone who is already being a bit ridiculous on the jealousy level.
He had been emotionally invested in this relationship with her for a year. She has confessed to being still emotionally attached with her ex and not sure she's really over her ex. Why should he now live in emotional limbo waiting for her to decide which one she wants? He should man up and acknowledge if he wants to be just dating he can stay the course but should be allowed out with others as well, but if he wants to be in a monogomous relationship he should move on.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Most replies indicate that y'all ain't not read no link.

The proper response to this guy is to either leave on his terms or wait until she leaves on her terms. This relationship is OVER.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
He had been emotionally invested in this relationship with her for a year. She has confessed to being still emotionally attached with her ex and not sure she's really over her ex. Why should he now live in emotional limbo waiting for her to decide which one she wants? He should man up and acknowledge if he wants to be just dating he can stay the course but should be allowed out with others as well, but if he wants to be in a monogomous relationship he should move on.

Well sure. I think hanging out with an ex is a no-no myself. Especially if there aren't kids involved etc. But I was speculating as to why Carolyn kept it pretty chill..my guess is someone who is jealous just because someone had bfs/gfs before them..doesn't need to be hyped up.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Well sure. I think hanging out with an ex is a no-no myself. Especially if there aren't kids involved etc. But I was speculating as to why Carolyn kept it pretty chill..my guess is someone who is jealous just because someone had bfs/gfs before them..doesn't need to be hyped up.

"When I'm in a relationship with a woman I need to know that I'm sleeping with more people than she is." - Paraphrased
Where is that line from??

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Most replies indicate that y'all ain't not read no link.

The proper response to this guy is to either leave on his terms or wait until she leaves on her terms. This relationship is OVER.
Agree! :cheers: She's doing it BEHIND his back. Dump her.

acommondisaster

Usually I like her and think she gives terrific advice. On this one, however:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...4df92e-71a3-11e4-ad12-3734c461eab6_story.html

LSS:

Man is upset because his girlfriend's ex has moved back into town and girlfriend has been spending time with ex behind his back. Kicker: Ex is another woman.

Carolyn gave the spiel about trust, blah blah blah, but I wonder if she'd have had the same advice if ex was a man?

I mean, really. Your girlfriend is talking to and seeing her ex boyfriend behind your back. Wouldn't that be cause for alarm? So why should it be different just because the old flame is same-sex? I think Carolyn would have had a different answer if the ex were a man.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that the person writing was a man.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not sure where you got the idea that the person writing was a man.

Ah, good point. I guess because he/she was jealous of the GF's previous relationships, so I immediately pictured a guy. But women probably do it, too, so the writer could very well be a woman.

Either way, my take stands: GF shouldn't be sneaking around behind her SO's back to hang out with her ex.