Carry-out / Delivery Sucks

TPD

the poor dad
People have reduced their standards even further. For the last 10 weeks I have tried exactly 5 times to support local restaurants by getting carry-out. Only once was it worth it(pizza) - I would rather eat PB&J. Only pizza, wings, and fried chicken is meant for carry-out. I am amazed how busy restaurants have been the last two months. When we went to Atlanta 2 weeks ago, we ate at Morton’s Steakhouse. Only one other couple for dine-in on a Friday night, yet we witnessed 5-10 take-out orders. Why would you do take-out for a $50 steak when you can dine-in?!

Anyhow, I will be so glad when I can sit inside a restaurant to have a decent meal again.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The only thing I miss is Chinese buffet and salad bar, and now that I've fallen in love with MOD salads it's down to Chinese buffet. I'm big on eating outside with a band and a big ass draft beer.

What restaurant(s) are you disappointed in?

TPD

the poor dad
The only thing I miss is Chinese buffet and salad bar, and now that I've fallen in love with MOD salads it's down to Chinese buffet. I'm big on eating outside with a band and a big ass draft beer.

What restaurant(s) are you disappointed in?

the restaurants are doing their best with what they have to work with but by the time you get home to eat the food, everything is lukewarm, soggy, etc. If you spend the time to replate from the cardboard box to china, then presentation is worthless and food colder. A fried rockfish dinner with baked potato & broccoli is just not the same when carried out in a cardboard Box and eaten 20 minutes after the fact.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A fried rockfish dinner with baked potato & broccoli is just not the same when carried out in a cardboard Box and eaten 20 minutes after the fact.

Yeah, no. Fried seafood doesn't do well as a carryout.

TheRadargod

Someone close to me. (Mrs Radargod) recently had an amazing experience in a mythical place called Florida. She was able to go into stores where they gave you food. Then you paid. then they clean up after you. They are called restaurants and one day she went to three just for the joy of it. Even stranger was nobody keeled over dead from the experience. And I was taunted daily with these far off fantastic concepts.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
ye
People have reduced their standards even further. For the last 10 weeks I have tried exactly 5 times to support local restaurants by getting carry-out. Only once was it worth it(pizza) - I would rather eat PB&J. Only pizza, wings, and fried chicken is meant for carry-out. I am amazed how busy restaurants have been the last two months. When we went to Atlanta 2 weeks ago, we ate at Morton’s Steakhouse. Only one other couple for dine-in on a Friday night, yet we witnessed 5-10 take-out orders. Why would you do take-out for a $50 steak when you can dine-in?!

Anyhow, I will be so glad when I can sit inside a restaurant to have a decent meal again.

Yeah, it got old real fast. I have eaten outdoors a few times in the past few weeks, but those are not things that are all that messed up as take out. Drinks in go cups are nice, though! :yay:

General Lee

the restaurants are doing their best with what they have to work with but by the time you get home to eat the food, everything is lukewarm, soggy, etc. If you spend the time to replate from the cardboard box to china, then presentation is worthless and food colder. A fried rockfish dinner with baked potato & broccoli is just not the same when carried out in a cardboard Box and eaten 20 minutes after the fact.
This is where an air fryer shines. 2-3 min and it’s like fresh from the restaurant

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is where an air fryer shines. 2-3 min and it’s like fresh from the restaurant

Truth. Normally I don't bring home leftover fried shrimp or seafood because it's disgusting, but the air fryer makes it like brand new.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We've had pizzas from the Nicoletti's mobile truck twice now..both were awesome. Had great takeout from Happy Harbor in Deale several times (working on a boat up there). Went over to Tim's at Coles Point last weekend..the takeout was pretty bad.

Some can...some can't...

TPD

the poor dad

But this defeats the purpose of carry-out. If I'm gonna start the air fryer, I may as well save a couple bucks and cook my own damn fries. Leftovers the next day? Yes - I can see using the air fryer. But to bring home take-out and then immediately have to re-heat? Give me my PB&J.