Carver Elem. School

slotted

I got the call at about 6 this morning. Apparently there was damage to two of their school trailers out back.

I was told there is no school for the next two days. They are supposed to be having a meeting with the parents sometime too.

Anyone have more info?

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Was a complete suprise to me when I pulled up at the sdchool to drop my kids off only to see the sign. Thank goodness for back up daycare!!

fttrsbeerwench

My neighbor called me at 2AM !!!! So I drove down there and could only see the smoke rolling across the road.. They had Great Mills Rd. Blocked entirely.

My daughter got up this morning screaming, " OH my God! I'm late!"
I said, "School burned down. "
She said, "YEAY!!!!!!!!" and ran to her room to play...

Now she's nagging me that she's bored:drama:
:ohwell:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
fttrsbeerwench said:
My neighbor called me at 2AM !!!! So I drove down there and could only see the smoke rolling across the road.. They had Great Mills Rd. Blocked entirely.

My daughter got up this morning screaming, " OH my God! I'm late!"
I said, "School burned down. "
She said, "YEAY!!!!!!!!" and ran to her room to play...

Now she's nagging me that she's bored:drama:
:ohwell:
:lmao: If I told my kids that their school burnt down they'd think they'd died and gone to heaven!!! I can see the oldest now thanking God for answering his prayers. :killingme

On a serious note, what was the problem? Electrical fire or arson?

Stirituprebel

Two classroom unit owned by the county(Used by the school system, but bought when the main school was a community college) destroyed. Smoke damage to the adjacent four classroom unit(State owned). They will have to find room for about 150 to 200 students in the meantime before school can open.

fttrsbeerwench

bresamil said:
:lmao: If I told my kids that their school burnt down they'd think they'd died and gone to heaven!!! I can see the oldest now thanking God for answering his prayers. :killingme
I know, and I nearly :dead: laughing when she was laying on the floor crying about how bored she was about an hour later...

TFF...
Right now, she's in the back yard with the hose.. Washing her bike...:lmao:
In about fifteen minutes, she'll be standing next to my desk asking if she can paint the porch or something..But she WON'T clean her room .

I love my kids.
I love my kids.
I love my kids.
They are funnier than Cosby.