Case of mistaken coffin identity

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Typical. The media takes something and runs with it, the public gets all cranked up, then come to find out none of it's true. :rolleyes:

I never saw what the big deal was anyway. The returning home of the dead is a beautiful tribute to soldiers who have fallen in the line of duty. It's so respectful and majestic it just gets you.

What I found offensive was when they kept showing the burnt bodies from Fallujah. Those are somebody's husbands/sons/brothers they just paraded around for ratings. How do you think the families felt, turning on the TV and there's their loved one? The whole thing just made me sick.

C

czygvtwkr

Supposedly the reasoning behind the ban on showing coffins of returning soldiers was brought about because 13 years ago CNN was showing a clip of President Bush laughing then went to a split screen of coffins returning home from the gulf war. The two screens had nothing to do with each other but made the president look like a dick.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by czygvtwkr
The two screens had nothing to do with each other but made the president look like a dick.
That's the reason Ashcroft had the statue draped during press conferences - the arrested development biased press uses every opportunity to make Republicans look like scumbags, even if they have to make it up.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
So showing Ashcroft standing between two boobs made him look like a ?????.

I know, the whole thing is a democratic conspiracy!