Castro Argues Iowa And New Hampshire Aren’t Diverse Enough To Be Early Primary States

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Former Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Julian Castro stated on Sunday that both Iowa and New Hampshire should give up their famed status as the first states in the nation to hold a caucus and a primary due to their lack of diverse constituents.

“I actually do believe that we need to change the order of the states because I don’t believe that we’re the same country we were in 1972 — that is when Iowa first held its caucus first,” Castro said while speaking to NBC News. “And by the time we have the next presidential election in 2024, it will have been more than 50 years since 1972. Our country has changed a lot in those 50 years. The Democratic Party has changed a lot.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/cast...ent-diverse-enough-to-be-early-primary-states

SamSpade

It's typical for the cry and hue of racism to be thrown up when you're losing. Castro, not Harris, is going to be the next one to call it quits, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if it happens BEFORE Iowa.

Who goes "first" isn't determined by the diversity police. The very idea that you can compel states to fall in line with your whims is something that should bother anyone.

Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Castro, not Harris, is going to be the next one to call it quits, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if it happens BEFORE Iowa.

What, you don't think it would be awesome if we had our own President Castro?

:jet:

Hooligan isn't even running for VP because he brings nothing to the table. All these Demtards saw Hillary get bought off with SecState and Bernie get a new beach house, so now they want in on that action. Unfortunately you have to be a contender in order to get your palm greased. Sorry, Julian.

Hijinx

I also hate to see New Hampshire as the first state with a primary. In fact I believe they all should be held the same day, but

Wish in on hand and ---- in the other.

officeguy

Dumb argument. WY, MT, ND, ID are all lily white and chose Obama as their candidate. Mr Castro,your problem is not lack of Diversity. Your problem is lack of viable ideas and your inability to connect with voters of any background.