Cat food picky eater

catlingirl

Hi I have a 5 year old cat and he started to get picky about dry cat food and I was wondering what kind do your cats like to eat? He was eating a brand but then got tired of it and he doesn’t seem to like meow mix very much , if at all. I wish there was a way for him to sample the cat food without having to buy a bag first. I looked online about free samples but I’m not too sure about them. Any recommendations? Thanks

frequentflier

happy to be living
Hi I have a 5 year old cat and he started to get picky about dry cat food and I was wondering what kind do your cats like to eat? He was eating a brand but then got tired of it and he doesn’t seem to like meow mix very much , if at all. I wish there was a way for him to sample the cat food without having to buy a bag first. I looked online about free samples but I’m not too sure about them. Any recommendations? Thanks
Pepper's Pet Pantry in Solomons has sample bags of higher end cat foods. We are open 11-5 today.
You may also try wet food instead of a completely dry diet. Being a male cat, the extra moisture in the food may help with potential blocking (and I also add extra water to the wet food mine get for dinner)

glhs837

Power with Control
My older male cat gets a mix of wet and dry every feeding. He had issues with crystals and rather than the $$$$$ prescription food, he gets a mix of Purina dry and wet Urinary Tract Health formula.

catlingirl

Pepper's Pet Pantry in Solomons has sample bags of higher end cat foods. We are open 11-5 today.
You may also try wet food instead of a completely dry diet. Being a male cat, the extra moisture in the food may help with potential blocking (and I also add extra water to the wet food mine get for dinner)
Thank you. We’ll have to go down there possibly tomorrow if you are open. He gets wet cat food also but occasionally.

gemma_rae

Thank you. We’ll have to go down there possibly tomorrow if you are open. He gets wet cat food also but occasionally.
I'm repeating some of what's been said, but try to transition him to wet food. He needs it to keep him hydrated and to prevent crystals in his UT like other posters have mentioned. Dry food can be for 'nom, nom's in between feedings.🐱

catlingirl

I'm repeating some of what's been said, but try to transition him to wet food. He needs it to keep him hydrated and to prevent crystals in his UT like other posters have mentioned. Dry food can be for 'nom, nom's in between feedings.🐱
Thank you I will do that. I never knew about all of this about cats.

littlelady

God bless the USA

Also, having some dry food helps to keep their teeth cleaner, and avoid plaque build up; which can cause infection of their mouths over time.