Catfish

oldman

Lobster Land
What's the word on catfish near Benedict? :coffee:

No word that I'm aware of. I think the water temp will have to get up some before I give them a try. I use lures rather than bottom fish for them which may make a difference. First order of business for me is bass fishing in the Mattawoman.

B

Bronwyn

No word that I'm aware of. I think the water temp will have to get up some before I give them a try. I use lures rather than bottom fish for them which may make a difference. First order of business for me is bass fishing in the Mattawoman.

:yay: Thanks.

CobbWeb

Be Careful

If you run out to the river watch out for all the junk that will be coming down. You will probably be ok in Mattawoman, except for all the muddy water.

T

toppick08

Speaking of catfish........any of y'all have any good catches at Gilbert's Run Lake in Chuck Co....in the past ?...Would love to set out some jugs this late spring if it's worth it...TIA.

TY.

D

dems4me

Smart man! :yay: the bass are HUGE in the Mattawomen :shocking: I've also caught some nice size cats in there too from July to August. Generally I catch the bigger ones on spinner baits :crazy: Each time I get a huge cat I'm hoping by the weight its a bass as that's what I was going for originally with the spinner bait. :lol: But you can tell by the way they fight reeling them in. I've never been really impressed with the cats at Benedict. I've had some locals show me their catch of cats a few times and it seemed like dinks compared to the Mattawoman. :buddies:

hardcore

Creation=Creator, Logic
potomac river blues

Try the potomac river, ft washington, marshall hall area, fresh cut bait is key

Attachments

• img060.jpg
    img060.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 118
  • img112.jpg
    img112.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 119
  • mary's catfish.jpg