Catfish

Eco2

I'm Baaaack!
very true,didn't think of that. Catfish isn't a part of our diet at all up here, just strikes me as odd. However, I do hear making a trip down there is worth it if only for the blue crab.

D

dems4me

Hi Kizzy... is this fresh catfish? Did you catch it bottom feeding while fishing or is this from a store? If you caught it fresh from the River, I heard it is best to soak it in an empty but clean mudbucket overnight with soda watter to bubble out all the impurities. I've had it both ways and it tastes alot better after it soaks in soda water. :yay: :biggrin:

CMC122

Go Braves!
I'm making Catfish for dinner tonight:banana: And it's all for me:banana: The rest of the family can eat chicken:yay:

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
CMC122 said:
I'm making Catfish for dinner tonight:banana: And it's all for me:banana: The rest of the family can eat chicken:yay:
What time? Can I come over? :huggy: I love seafood...........

D

dems4me

CMC122 said:

Do you know how to prepare fresh catfish? I always catch more than I can eat 18-24" or longer during the spring and summer and always end up throwing them back... if you like, let me know and I can catch you some cats next time I go out on the water!!! :yay: I had a friend I used to give the cats too but he moved to Oxen Hill and it's not worth the drive for him to come down here to get them. :ohwell: Now I just do it for the sport and challenge, but if I can provide someone a dinner while I'm at it... it just makes it all the more fun!!! :dance:

CMC122

Go Braves!
dems4me said:
Do you know how to prepare fresh catfish? I always catch more than I can eat 18-24" or longer during the spring and summer and always end up throwing them back... if you like, let me know and I can catch you some cats next time I go out on the water!!! :yay: I had a friend I used to give the cats too but he moved to Oxen Hill and it's not worth the drive for him to come down here to get them. :ohwell: Now I just do it for the sport and challenge, but if I can provide someone a dinner while I'm at it... it just makes it all the more fun!!! :dance:
I bought some fish fry stuff:yay: Just gonna dredge it and fry 'em up:yum:

I don't eat it very often cause I'm the only one that eats fish:ohwell: But if you happen to run into any blue fish hook me up:yum: I've been craving that:yum:

D

dems4me

CMC122 said:
I bought some fish fry stuff:yay: Just gonna dredge it and fry 'em up:yum:

I don't eat it very often cause I'm the only one that eats fish:ohwell: But if you happen to run into any blue fish hook me up:yum: I've been craving that:yum:

I havn't seen any in the mattawoman river, but will send some your way if I catch any when I venture to new places. :yay: What is the size limit on those for them to be keepers?

Agee

CMC122 said:
But if you happen to run into any blue fish hook me up:yum: I've been craving that:yum:
Blackened Blue Fish with roasted red pepper sauce, pecans, and scallions. :yum: :yum: