Caught in the Center

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

People on the Right view people on the Left as having bad ideas, people on the Left view people on the Right as Evil

*Melissa Chen is a human rights activist and classical liberal who is the Managing Director of Ideas Beyond Borders. She is based in New York City. [2]

:whistle:

SamSpade

People on the Right view people on the Left as having bad ideas, people on the Left view people on the Right as Evil

*Melissa Chen is a human rights activist and classical liberal who is the Managing Director of Ideas Beyond Borders. She is based in New York City. [2]

And your quote from Mark Steyn encapsulates it perfectly.
I've never had a conservative acquaintance cut me off or go off on me because of a liberal view I hold,
but almost every liberal acquaintance, friend or RELATIVE has, for a conservative view.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

:yay:

Yep .... I learned this from you, it still speaks volumes in the on going culture war ..... just look at Progressives posting here ...

either out of the gate - 'pointing out the stunningly obvious' 'so called forum Patriots' 'ignorati'
or you challenge them to back up their assertions - moron, dummy, damn you are stupid

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Yep .... I learned this from you, it still speaks volumes in the on going culture war ..... just look at Progressives posting here ...

either out of the gate - 'pointing out the stunningly obvious' 'so called forum Patriots' 'ignorati'
or you challenge them to back up their assertions - moron, dummy, damn you are stupid

And it's always your fault they fail to offer a cogent argument. :lmao:

SamSpade

I'd issue a challenge - but one of them (whom I have on ignore, so I don't know when they post except when
someone responds and it's an easy guess who it must be) won't answer twice on a thread, and the others won't engage -

But the challenge is this - try and refute and respond to an idea or post with which you disagree as though you were
answering your boss or your minister (if you have one) or someone you respect or can fire you - and the idea you're
disagreeing with happens to be THEIRS.

I can't take seriously any post which
  1. Has vulgarities (which are conveniently edited to not look like them)
  2. Has vulgar insults (which don't have to include obscene words to be vulgar)
  3. Is filled with insults but otherwise utterly or mostly lacking in any substantive argument.
Saying that someone is inept or stupid or unfit is not an argument. It might even be accurate, but in most parts of the world,
you have to back it up with reason and logic for it to carry any weight. For example, you can be fired for being stupid,
but usually the accusation requires at least an incident where you've been stupid.

BOP

I'm following her on FB.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I've never had a conservative acquaintance cut me off or go off on me because of a liberal view I hold,
but almost every liberal acquaintance, friend or RELATIVE has, for a conservative view.

I have witnessed, in the past year, my son-in-law’s friendship with his BF growing up end because of politics. They are in their early forties. Very sad.

transporter

You are a f***ing moron if you think I am a progressive. The stupidity YOU push everyday deserves to be called out, comrade. The VAST majority of the utter garbage you post is nothing but opinion. MOST of what you post isn't even the original article. You have to wait for dailycaller or dialywire or breitbart or some other propagandist site to tell you what to think and what to cut and paste on here.

"Culture war"....bullshit...it is an ignorance war.

littlelady

God bless the USA
You are a f***ing moron if you think I am a progressive. The stupidity YOU push everyday deserves to be called out, comrade. The VAST majority of the utter garbage you post is nothing but opinion. MOST of what you post isn't even the original article. You have to wait for dailycaller or dialywire or breitbart or some other propagandist site to tell you what to think and what to cut and paste on here.

"Culture war"....bullshit...it is an ignorance war.

You have proven without a doubt who you are, and what you believe in with this one post. Thank you.

The word ‘ignorance’ popped out at me. You need to own that word. You’re welcome.