Cauliflower

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I got a container of the Classico 3-cheese from Giant because it had no sawdust. Eh. Didn't care for the flavor. In the Deli section with the cheeses you'll find small containers of Parm/Asiagio/Romano that are much better.

I didn't care for that either. I like the "small" containers but they tend to go bad before I can use them all.

Thanx for the tip on pre-steaming the cauliflower before roasting. I'd wind up with blackened bread coating and underdone veggie. Never occurred to me to pre-steam. duh.

Exactly. I tried the oven-roasting then broiling method and it came out dry with a burnt top. By steaming it before adding the topping, you only need about 5 minutes of broiling to get that perfect crust with tender florets underneath!

lucky_bee

RBF expert
In the Deli section with the cheeses you'll find small containers of Parm/Asiagio/Romano that are much better.
these ones are the best! unfortunately, they're pricey down here though. whenever I visit CT, my mom and I always run to the local Italian grocery store (so many to choose from :bann:) and I'll stock up on 3 or 4 of the 1lb containers, usually ~$4/each, and stick them in my freezer.