Cautiously Optimistic Update: "Got Heart Transplant?"

littlelady

God bless the USA
:huggies: all around. You go, y'all! You both are exceptional people as I have read your posts on this forum. I wish y'all the very best!

littlelady

God bless the USA
I'm 73. Diagnosed heart failure in 1991. Let's see... checking... checking... YES! It's confirmed. I am still alive. Beat that record, b23.

Try not to speculate on the potential bad things that might or could happen. Look for the positive things you can do to improve. Yes, God is there, but I will repeat, "God helps those who help themselves."

:huggy:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This may seem a bit odd, but the willpower, drive, resolve... whatever you want to call it will come with the illness. I think b23 will find this out or agree as well.

When you think you are healthy, stopping smoking, losing weight, exercising, quitting bad unhealthy habits is really hard. You know that. When 'staying alive' becomes your top priority, all those things become very easy because you are motivated... REALLY motivated!! Your willpower, etc. will appear naturally as if by magic. It WILL appear.

No, not odd at all. You're addressing, better than I asked, the point I was trying to get to. It's easy to sit on the couch and tell the athlete on the TV to try harder or to think the same sort of thing when someone is sick or just having a bad day; suck it up and do it. But, I have no idea, at least a real one. I've done physical things my whole life and hit the wall any number of times where I was DONE yet still found, sometimes, more resolve but nothing like what b23 is dealing with, obviously. So, it makes me wonder.