CBP officers in Minnesota seize $900G in counterfeit bills from Chinese shipping container

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers in Minnesota discovered $900,000 in counterfeit $1 bills inside a shipping container originating from China, the agency said in a press release Monday.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
A Wish shipment..

I was buying Silver from private sellers, until I found a fake bar, then realized you can buy VERY good gold and silver forgeries on Wish for 99 cents a piece, or less. They LOOK really good, fail the simplest tests.. but there are a LOT of people buying them then selling them as "Great Deals, need the money for sick relative medical bills" and the like.

What is sad, is the person that sold it to me didn't realize it was fake (I'm almost certain) and did replace it with one from a reputable silver dealer. I'd love to buy more from him, but now I'm gunshy.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers in Minnesota discovered $900,000 in counterfeit $1 bills inside a shipping container originating from China, the agency said in a press release Monday.

I did always say if I was going to counterfeit money it would be 1s and 5s.. ever see ANYONE check to see if a $5 bill was fake??

They'll check a $100 bill EVERY time, but hand them 20 $5 bills and they won't check a single one of them.

Barabbas

Not a million dollars, huh?

Funny how the two pallets do not have the same number of boxes.....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I did always say if I was going to counterfeit money it would be 1s and 5s.. ever see ANYONE check to see if a $5 bill was fake??

Colombian's were bleaching 1's to print older 100's to get the paper

Toxick

Splat

900,000 huh. A nice round number indeed.

We've seized a million dollars in counterfeit money. It was very bold if them to try and get 950,000 dollars by us. They should have known that $900,000 could not be snuck in right under our noses!

transporter

Wow...another GREAT thread!!! One guy is buying silver from private sellers and wonders why he got scammed.....

Another can't do $900,000 / 45 = $20,000 and then $20,000 x 9 = $180,000....he thinks 9 x $20,000 = $120,000!!!

God damn I love this forum!!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Wow...another GREAT thread!!! One guy is buying silver from private sellers and wonders why he got scammed.....

Another can't do $900,000 / 45 = $20,000 and then $20,000 x 9 = $180,000....he thinks 9 x $20,000 = $120,000!!!

Where is that 45th box? There is one stack of what appears to be 27 and another that looks to be 17. Can you do the math or do you need help?

officeguy

Go fock yourself.

PeoplesElbow

Dipshit, I was saying if there were nine more boxes if the pallets were equal then there would tbe another $120k there, however I did not see that box missing in the back corner.

So instead of 9 missing boxes to make the pallets equal it is 10 missing boxes.

I'm guessing you get so excited its all you can do to contain yourself when jerking off that you can't comprehend what you read.

BernieP

Resident PIA
You all do realize that those boxes have been moved, opened, inventoried, sealed, labeled and stacked on those pallets - which may not be how they were found.

Hijinx

Of course.

But, it's fun to fantasize about it.

Yes I can fantasize myself going to Food Lion for the weeks groceries and paying with $150 dollars in counterfeit ones every week.
Do you think someone might get suspiscious?

Barabbas

Yes I can fantasize myself going to Food Lion for the weeks groceries and paying with $150 dollars in counterfeit ones every week.
Do you think someone might get suspiscious?
With your legs, they'd probably just assume you're a stripper and that's how you get paid.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
You all do realize that those boxes have been moved, opened, inventoried, sealed, labeled and stacked on those pallets - which may not be how they were found.
Yes, but still, WHY did they stop at $900,000?? Seems to me that $100,000 is probably missing.

BUT one of the reasons we changed our bills in the first place, if I remember correctly, IRAN (amazing how they keep popping up) somehow managed to get $100 printing plates and went crazy printing REALLY good fake $100 bills in an attempt to wreck our economy. They were paying for arms from other countries (and probably us too).

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Someone is gonna get in trouble. The Federal Reserve hates the counterfeiting competition.