Public Interest Cedar Point FCU

Nothing unexpected here, but they do say to use the mobile app for transactions. The current mobile app is a piece of crap (on Android anyway..) . It was so bad I uninstalled it.

Dear Members,
Cedar Point is committed to respecting the importance of social distancing to stop the spread of germs throughout Southern Maryland. As we all do our part to limit the opportunities for the COVID-19 virus to spread, Cedar Point has shifted the nature of our branch operations beginning Friday, March 20, 2020 for our Prince Frederick location and will begin Monday, March 23, 2020 for all other locations.

At such time, Cedar Point will limit lobby access and shift to conducting regular teller-line transactions using the drive-thru. Remember that we cannot handle rolled coin through the service tubes. Please understand that since we will be expanding our transaction capabilities in the drive-thru, members may experience longer wait times. Our Call Center will also be fully staffed to assist our members who prefer to speak with a representative. The Call Center is available from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday and 8:30 a.m. – noon on Saturdays.

Learn more by visiting our COVID-19 Response page.

At Cedar Point, we believe that this is the most judicious step to take to keep our members and employees healthy and at the recommended distances during these extraordinary circumstances. St. Mary’s, Calvert and Charles counties have each declared a State of Emergency as an act of readiness, and we are doing our part to act in accordance with the intent of the declaration from our commissioners.

In an effort to reduce wait times, if you find that you cannot conduct your business over the phone or in the drive-thru, we request that you call ahead to make an appointment at 301-863-7071.

Additionally, all Cedar Point ATMs accessible to the community will be available for cash withdrawals. All 33,000 Allpoint ATMs nationwide continue to be surcharge-free for our members. There are 15 surcharge-free ATMs in Calvert, 29 in Charles and 37 in St. Mary’s, as well as ATMs at each branch.

We encourage our members to use our digital banking and mobile app as much as possible during this time. You can view transactions and balances, monitor spending, pay bills, deposit checks, view your credit score and more. Banking from home around-the-clock makes social distancing a little easier.

We apologize for the inconvenience this will cause to some of our members. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate the rapidly evolving situation in Southern Maryland.

Respectfully,
Charles Roach
President & CEO
Cedar Point Federal Credit Union

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
GW, Not sure when you last used it, but they did update their app a little bit ago. I still hate their website, but the app might work better for you since that update happened.

I had been using it and liked it. It was updated late January, and that's when they broke it. Lots of complaints. The old version that worked is no longer compatible.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I had been using it and liked it. It was updated late January, and that's when they broke it. Lots of complaints. The old version that worked is no longer compatible.
View attachment 146464
Yeah, they screwed everything up when they switched out their online platform. This app works better for me than the other one. Weird.
I have a OnePlus 6T phone

stgislander

PREMO Member
Been using it with my new Samsung S10e since mid-Feb. So far it's not given me any problem. I've even mobile deposited two checks with it.

Been using it with my new Samsung S10e since mid-Feb. So far it's not given me any problem. I've even mobile deposited two checks with it.
Seems to be hit or miss. Some have good luck, others no luck. I happen to be the no luck group. Samsung s7.

On a lark, I re-installed their app. This time it's working correctly. They didn't change the version, so why it didn't work the first time is unknown. Don't care for the displays tho, very cramped, but it works. I missed having access to the 'fast balance' feature for a quick look at account balances without having to perform a full logon.

Latest Update

Dear Members,
As we all do our part to limit the opportunities for the COVID-19 virus to spread, Cedar Point will close lobbies beginning Tuesday, March 24, 2020. Most transactions and other business can be conducted using the drive-thru*.

If you find that you cannot conduct your business over the phone or in the drive-thru, we request that you call to make an appointment at 301-863-7071. We recommend that our business members visit the Maryland State page for business relief.

We encourage our members to use our digital banking and mobile app as much as possible during this time. In addition, our Call Center is fully staffed to assist our members who prefer to speak with a representative. The Call Center is available from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday and 8:30 a.m. – noon on Saturdays.

We have not made this decision lightly and we are taking this precautionary step to safeguard the health and well-being of our members and our employees. This will allow us all to keep recommended distances during these extraordinary circumstances. St. Mary’s, Calvert and Charles counties have each declared a State of Emergency as an act of readiness, and we are doing our part to act in accordance with the intent of the declaration from our commissioners.

Cedar Point is committed to respecting the importance of social distancing to stop the spread of germs throughout Southern Maryland. Learn more by visiting our COVID-19 Response page.

All Cedar Point ATMs accessible to the community will be available for cash withdrawals. All 33,000 Allpoint ATMs nationwide continue to be surcharge-free for our members. There are 15 surcharge-free ATMs in Calvert, 29 in Charles and 37 in St. Mary’s, as well as ATMs at each branch.

We apologize for the inconvenience this will cause. On behalf of our staff, we thank you for your continued support and understanding during these times. Cedar Point will continue to send updates as circumstances require.

Respectfully,
Charles Roach
President & CEO
Cedar Point Federal Credit Union

*Please understand that since we will be expanding our business capabilities in the drive-thru, members may experience longer wait times. We cannot handle rolled coin through the drive thru service tubes.

Please note that our Annual Meeting has been postponed until a later date.

To learn more about any possible impacts in the state of Maryland, please visit the Maryland Department of Health. To learn more about COVID-19 visit coronavirus.gov.

NOTICE: St. Mary’s County has an informational call center for local residents needing more information about COVID-19. Community members can call the center Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. to speak with staff and obtain information about the disease. 301-475-4911