Celebrity Death Pool

RPMDAD

Paul Kantner, Jefferson Airplane Co-Founder & Guitarist, Dies at 74

efferson Airplane guitarist, vocalist and co-founding member Paul Kantner has died. He was 74.

Kantner died Thursday (Jan. 28) of multiple organ failure. He had suffered a heart attack earlier in the week. Kantner’s publicist confirmed the news with the San Francisco Chronicle.

From 1965-1972, Jefferson Airplane was a pioneer in the Bay Area counterculture psychedelic rock scene, first defining what became known as the “San Francisco sound.”

The band’s second album, Surrealistic Pillow, from 1967 hit No. 3 on the Billboard 200 with the help of singles "Somebody to Love" and “White Rabbit." The band performed at the 1960s’ three most famous American rock festivals – Monterey in 1967 and Woodstock and Altamont in 1969.

Kantner is the first of Jefferson Airplane's founding members to have passed away. He was also a founding member of the group’s spinoff band, Jefferson Starship. which took off in 1974.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/paul-kantner-jefferson-airplane-co-founder-guitarist-dies-003827400.html

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Jimmy Bain died... He was the bass guitar player in the bands Rainbow and Dio and also played base on Scorpions' Love at First Sting album.

Bain died while on Def Leppard's "Hysteria on the High Seas" cruise. He was performing on the cruise with the group Last In Line. No official cause of death is known at this time, but band members informed fans on the cruise that he had been battling pneumonia for some time. <--- from Wiki

He died this past Sunday.

I had a few friends on the cruise this past weekend and apparently the news of his death was released before his family found out.

Besides that sad news, it looked like those on the cruise had a good time and managed to dodge the blizzard too. :ohwell: (kicks rocks)

He was 68.

Misfit

Lawful neutral

Attachments

• imagesGN1R7VA0.jpg
    imagesGN1R7VA0.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 70

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
United Nations' sixth secretary-general in the early 1990s, Boutros Boutros-Ghali, has died

Yo Yo Ma and Boutros Boutros Ghali are having lunch. The waiter comes to take their order and Boutros Boutros Ghali says, "I'll have the Cous Cous." Yo Yo Ma asks the waiter, "How's the Mahi Mahi?" And the waiter replies, "So so".

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Yo Yo Ma and Boutros Boutros Ghali are having lunch. The waiter comes to take their order and Boutros Boutros Ghali says, "I'll have the Cous Cous." Yo Yo Ma asks the waiter, "How's the Mahi Mahi?" And the waiter replies, "So so".

I read this twice.

littlelady

God bless the USA

I have never understood suicide. Life can be hard, but we are given one chance. No matter how hard it gets, why would someone want to leave by their own choice? There is always hope.

To stay on topic. Nancy Reagan. RIP, wonderful Lady.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Joe Garagiola, 90 MLB player & The Today Show host. The grew up across the street from HOF catcher Yogi Berra.

Ken Howard, the white shadow, 71