Celebrity Death Pool

This is all the more reason to get out and do stuff NOW. No waiting for someday because when that day finally comes who knows what shape we will be in.

Absolutely. That's why I retired early, before 60. I saw too many associates work and work, only to die shortly after retiring.

I have a similar chart, put out by Boeing using data from retirement pension payouts. I've seen many similar studies, and a primary reason i retired early.

image004.gif

Wow! Is that their people or general population????

No idea on this particular chart, but the one I had was Boeing Aerospace retirees and was pretty similar for other aerospace companies. I'd post it, but it's a very old .ppt file and I cant open it with my current software.

Edit: I found a copy online.
boeing2.jpg

Last edited:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
For some, like him, true statement. I hated my job, staying would have killed me early.

I am eligible to retire in 1 year and am considering it... I, at one time, loved my job but the resources I need to do my job to the best of my ability are not there and that makes me hate what I do... nobody wants to work in a job where they feel they accomplish nothing of value.

Now I do intend to move on to something I actually enjoy doing.... I just don't know for sure what that will be. :lol:

interesting charts BTW.... and Morley Safer lived to be 84. That is pretty darn good!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It seems to me if the barely known and obscure are going to be counted in the pool then the 'celebrity' part is going to be diluted down to where, instead of the profoundly narcissistic and most attention whorish among us, it's going to start including decent human beings who flirted with a little fame and went on to become real people, or never stopped being one. I thought the whole point of the pool, the sport of it, was in enjoying the leveling wind of mortality whereby self important, stuffy turds are given the bums rush and a good :razz: into the dirt?

Hank

my war
It seems to me if the barely known and obscure are going to be counted in the pool then the 'celebrity' part is going to be diluted down to where, instead of the profoundly narcissistic and most attention whorish among us, it's going to start including decent human beings who flirted with a little fame and went on to become real people, or never stopped being one. I thought the whole point of the pool, the sport of it, was in enjoying the leveling wind of mortality whereby self important, stuffy turds are given the bums rush and a good :razz: into the dirt?

Well, the sport was picking who was going to kick it next. Now, the thread has become a running obituary...