Celebrity Death Pool

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
John Anderson, 1980 presidential candidate pick of every high schooler in America, gone at age 95.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Sportscaster Dick Enberg found dead at home at age 82

Long recognized as one of the most versatile and enthusiastic sports announcer of his era, Enberg did it all: major league baseball, college and pro football, college basketball, boxing, tennis, golf, Olympics, Rose Bowls and Super Bowls, Breeders’ Cup horse racing — earning a trophy case full of Emmys, awards from the pro football, basketball and baseball halls of fame, niches in several broadcasting halls of fame and other assorted honors.

He also was an author, a longtime fixture at Pasadena’s Tournament of Roses parade, the host of several sports-themed TV game shows and was still calling San Diego Padres baseball games into his 80s.

“Sportscasting is a kid’s dream come true, which is one of the reasons that I keep doing it,” he said in his autobiography, “Dick Enberg, Oh My!” the “Oh my!” having been his signature call. “I can’t let my dream go. I’m still in love with what I do.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...-dead-at-home-at-age-82/ar-BBH8qa2?ocid=ientp

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Mystery writer Sue Grafton dies in California

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Sue Grafton, author of the best-selling "alphabet series" of mystery novels, has died in Santa Barbara. She was 77.

Grafton was surrounded by family, including husband Steven Humphrey, when she died Thursday after a two-year battle with cancer, her daughter, Jamie Clark, posted on the author's website.

"Although we knew this was coming, it was unexpected and fast. She had been fine up until just a few days ago, and then things moved quickly," the posting said.

Grafton began her "alphabet series" in 1982 with "A is for Alibi." Her most recent book, "Y is for Yesterday," was published in August.

"Many of you also know that she was adamant that her books would never be turned into movies or TV shows, and in that same vein, she would never allow a ghost writer to write in her name," her daughter wrote. "Because of all of those things, and out of the deep abiding love and respect for our dear sweet Sue, as far as we in the family are concerned, the alphabet now ends at Y."

Humphrey said Grafton had been struggling to find an idea for "Z'' while undergoing treatment and losing weight.

"Nothing's been written," he told The Associated Press in a telephone interview. "There is no Z."

He added with a laugh, "Nobody in this family will ever use the letter Z again."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainm...n-california/ar-BBHuHOd?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

I have enjoyed reading quite a few of her books and it is a shame she didn't live long enough to finish the "Z" book. :bawl: