Celebrity Death Pool

Grumpy

Sam Huff was on top of his game when I started following football..It was shocking that he was traded to the Skins in 64, he was still an elite player. Golden days of the Skins were when he, Sonny and Frank announced the games on the radio. I only wish he had retired from broadcasting 2 years earlier than he did, he was obviously sliding into dementia. Like most, he hung around too long and looked a bit foolish his last few years. The radio announcers nowadays are pretty pathetic, IMO.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Sam Huff was on top of his game when I started following football..It was shocking that he was traded to the Skins in 64, he was still an elite player. Golden days of the Skins were when he, Sonny and Frank announced the games on the radio. I only wish he had retired from broadcasting 2 years earlier than he did, he was obviously sliding into dementia. Like most, he hung around too long and looked a bit foolish his last few years. The radio announcers nowadays are pretty pathetic, IMO.
Back when Sonny, Sam & Frank called the games, I preferred listening to the games on the radio than watching the TV. I'd fish St. Mary's lake with a radio in the boat. A great way to pass an autumn Sunday afternoon.