Celebrity Death Pool

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
There were folks who turn the game on the TV and cut the sound and listen to Sunny and see him on the radio instead.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
There were folks who turn the game on the TV and cut the sound and listen to Sunny and see him on the radio instead.
The radio broadcast for some reason was behind the TV broadcast by about 3-4 seconds. Not sure if that is true today but it was years ago.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Back when Sonny, Sam & Frank called the games, I preferred listening to the games on the radio than watching the TV. I'd fish St. Mary's lake with a radio in the boat. A great way to pass an autumn Sunday afternoon.
I’m that way with baseball. I’d rather listen to it than watch or attend.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Back when Sonny, Sam & Frank called the games, I preferred listening to the games on the radio than watching the TV. I'd fish St. Mary's lake with a radio in the boat. A great way to pass an autumn Sunday afternoon.
I'd do the same except in Canoe Neck Creek. Fall perch are usually good fighters, too. Now you couldn't pay me to listen. Damn kneelers.

black dog

Free America
My dad did the same when he was home working in his shop.
Later he often went to Sonnys Steakhouse in Bethesda...

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
He was a PG County POlice Officer before. He used to do "fireside chats" with then Chief John Rhoads in the late 1970s at roll call. He lived in Huntingtown for a while too.
This John Rhoads of which you speak. Did he serve in St Mary's Sheriff's office as well?

CPUSA

I saw him walking along the road to the lighthouse so many years ago. He waved at me. 🙂
I saw him at Wawa in PF once after he'd retired. The cashier didn't recognize him. I said he looked familiar and he said he had a face made for radio. I then asked if he was Willard Scott, Jim Cantore, Tupper Shutt, Al Roker...the cashier caught on, but couldn't place him either...Doug just kept grinning more & more. I eventually addressed him as Mr. Hill and then it registered with the kid who he was

stgislander

PREMO Member
I saw him at Wawa in PF once after he'd retired. The cashier didn't recognize him. I said he looked familiar and he said he had a face made for radio. I then asked if he was Willard Scott, Jim Cantore, Tupper Shutt, Al Roker...the cashier caught on, but couldn't place him either...Doug just kept grinning more & more. I eventually addressed him as Mr. Hill and then it registered with the kid who he was
Al Roker! :roflmao: