Celtic festival

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
On top of everything else this weekend it's also Celtic fest time. This is my favorite event in this area beating out the crab fest, oyster fest and every county fair. Unfortunately I'm not able to go this year. Where else are you going to find professional bag pipers in such a relaxed atmosphere. Also where else can you where can you feel right at home wearing a kilt.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Way too much is charged for admission. $25. And what do you get for that? Lots of walking around and looking at stuff. If you've been once, that is enough. Until of course, they bring the admission price down, to, at least $10.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I love Celtic Festival. Always a great time.

If I may ...

Way too much is charged for admission. $25. And what do you get for that? Lots of walking around and looking at stuff. If you've been once, that is enough. Until of course, they bring the admission price down, to, at least $10.

I thought they used to be $10-15 - when did they go up so high?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
If I may ...

Got to disagree, I'd go twice that for good piping.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Got to disagree, I'd go twice that for good piping.

And all the bands they have now that play at the Pub Stage, and the Pavillion, the Highland games, Highland Dancing competitions, the Rugby matches. :yay:

Foxhound and I will be there volunteering along with Thing1 & Thing2. We have a great time every year!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I love Celtic Festival. Always a great time.

I thought they used to be $10-15 - when did they go up so high?
I'm trying to remember when the prices went up to the current price, but ... it's only $20 if you purchase the tix in advance, and $25 at the gate on the day of the event.

I'm not privvy to specific reasons or details, but I know the admission price depends on many things. The Celtic Society of Southen Maryland gives out a lot of money in prizes at this event - for all the competitions they have, and then there are judges to be paid, etc. The park charges to hold the events, and there is insurance, etc. So, putting on major events like this do have some overhead to go along with them. :yay:

mudpuddle

Sounds like this would be a great time! I have never been...but unfortunately, I will not be going. I have something more fun planned for this weekend- staining our deck! I'll have to try and go next year!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I love Celtic Festival. Always a great time. I thought they used to be $10-15 - when did they go up so high?
Dunno. Been about 10 or so years since I've been. As an aside, I wonder how much the Calvert County Government is donating to the annual Celtic Festival like they do for the annual Calvert County African American Family Community Day?

tuffenuff2

On top of everything else this weekend it's also Celtic fest time. This is my favorite event in this area beating out the crab fest, oyster fest and every county fair. Unfortunately I'm not able to go this year. Where else are you going to find professional bag pipers in such a relaxed atmosphere. Also where else can you where can you feel right at home wearing a kilt.

Scotland .;)

UnaAllan

There is always possibility to organize your own celtic festival. Do you remember this genius proverb If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. So, you know what to do. It isn’t so difficult to arrange a festival or a party. If I arranged the event myself, I would find a cool place and I would choose the time. I would order a lot of food, various snacks and drinks. After that I would find a company where I can hire event equipment. Btw I know the company ontourevents.co.uk where I've already rented sound equipment once. They really can create an atmosphere that will match your theme or aesthetic at any corporate event, festival or wedding. That’s how you can arrange a festival that you want.

Last edited: