Cerakote

Chris0nllyn

Cerakote is awesome stuff.

Let me know when you get up and running (and a few test projects under your belt) :lol:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Cerakote is awesome stuff.

Let me know when you get up and running (and a few test projects under your belt) :lol:

Will do. I've got some of the Cerakote product in and am currently shopping oven options.."build or buy". I'm leaning towards build, because I want to do powder coating too. Building an addition on the shop right now just for "paint and body" work and so have room for a pretty big oven box.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My bil does Cera kote.

On the Cerakote "find an applicator" search engine, the only thing local that came up was some little shop off Moakley Rd in L'town that I'd never heard of..and that never returned a call after I left a message.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
On the Cerakote "find an applicator" search engine, the only thing local that came up was some little shop off Moakley Rd in L'town that I'd never heard of..and that never returned a call after I left a message.

Check your PM

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I fucxking hate that ####. Why in the hell would anyone put out all that effort to fake it when, with just a little more, you could do the real thing? I mean, for ####s sake. For one thing, it typically sounds like someone is drowning cats. In lava. For two, there's no chance to rehearse and smooth any of the rough edges out and, finally, why not do something original and different and be the best you instead of a drunk copy of some artist who at one time was you and....uh....wait. Uhm.....Maybe this isn't what I think it is????

:lmao:

black dog

Free America

There is a young guy in White Plains in a a building on Printers ct that professionally powder coats for a few years now, something like Custom Dezins ??????
I believe he has powder coated also, I know a few deputy's from CC that he did handguns for.
I do simple powder coating for the tools that I build and I built my own oven. A large steel box 4' x 7', 12ga steel, 2 small VS fans, insulation is rock wool, 4 elect oven element's. There's plenty of videos on YouTube. It's basic but it does what I need and didn't break the bank. I started with a harbor freight gun and powder, it worked but I seemed to end up with there paint always having clumps.. I bought a dual voltage Eastwood gun and I buy powder from a larger powder company that sells hundreds of colors.

And I though there were two guys doing Powder coating in Mechanicsville, if you are ever up at three mules ask Brian or Jimmy who it was. Or if they deliver to you ask Ben or Scooter.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I fucxking hate that ####. Why in the hell would anyone put out all that effort to fake it when, with just a little more, you could do the real thing? I mean, for ####s sake. For one thing, it typically sounds like someone is drowning cats. In lava. For two, there's no chance to rehearse and smooth any of the rough edges out and, finally, why not do something original and different and be the best you instead of a drunk copy of some artist who at one time was you and....uh....wait. Uhm.....Maybe this isn't what I think it is????

:lmao:

Um...OK...started on the beer early today, or..?

I know I did. !#%!@#%! Nissan 3.3 V-6. What a hateful POS to rebuild the top end of...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Seems nobody does it in the area...so I decided to add it to the capabilities of our shop.

when can I get my Mosin done like Pikachu

https://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com...144-corvette-yellow-with-h146-graphite-black/

Pikachu.jpg

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Umm..never? ;-p

First batch of parts I'm doing are Magpul's "Flat Dark Earth" color.

No hot pink....no yellow...

nutz

Seems nobody does it in the area...so I decided to add it to the capabilities of our shop.

Amazing stuff. I'll be developing the skills on our own stuff before attempting it on customer hardware.

http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/?gclid=CL6n0sTPgM8CFQlZhgodERQHgw

Have you thought about adding duracoat to the plate too? It can be a high build material so you may have to be more careful with the application. I use a preval sprayer with duracoat so the cleanup is easier.

http://www.whiskeytangofirearmssrq.com/
http://www.preval.com/