Cerakote

General Lee

I've got a nice older commercial building right on Rt 58 west of Danville and when I get the second story on it, then I'll have a first floor shop (it was oringally a fire house...built super heavy..and later an automotive repair shop) and office/retail/clean room space on the second floor. I do not plan on staying in MD much longer anyway. Family arrived 1650...ahma leaving last at around 2025..we had a nice 375 year run. But it's time for it to be over. My younger sister lives next to my commercial property on 58 and my elderly mother lives with her when she's not here visiting (we keep an apartment for her). Older sister and husband are in WV now.

I'm jealous. I tip my hat to you for getting out of MD. It is my dream to leave at some point too.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm jealous. I tip my hat to you for getting out of MD. It is my dream to leave at some point too.
MD left me little choice...I can pay a few hundred a year in property taxes and little of nothing in state income taxes by going many other places. Property taxes, METCOM and electricity on my island property is about $1500/month!! I cannot justify sustaining that nonsense after I retire.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Great thread! Thank you, @Chris0nllyn for getting it started and all others for contributing (@Gilligan, the Grendel is very, very nice!).

Chris, please post a follow-up as to how it went.

--- End of line (MCP)

nutz

Such as..who? I've only heard of one guy doing Cerakote locally that does it for others and heard he's pretty good at it. It's not "rocket surgery" though.....it's just another bake-cured coating process and you have to get every step right. Once you've got it down, it's very repeatable. I ended up buying a small touch-up spray gun just for Cerakote and after playing with nozzle size, air adjustments and technique and it works great every time.
A tad late but gun monkey in LaPlata offers the service. Don’t know if its in house or not. Heard ok things about them but haven’t been in the shop yet.