Certified Farrier

JCStar

Has anyone heard of or used a farrier named Christina Entzian of Indian Head, MD.? I received her name as a certified farrier of the Brotherhood of Working Farriers Association.

My quest to find a certified farrier who does hot shoeing continues. Mike Poe, my outstanding journeyman farrier, is going back to school and being one of his further clients - I'm being dropped as he downsizes to accomodate his new schedule in the New Year. I need someone for my January appointment.

Hot shoeing is a personal choice as is having a certified farrier. I am partial to both as I have had bad experiences in the past with uneducated, unreliable farriers.

Thanks in advance for any info.

mingiz

Horse Poor
I use Pat Riffel he hot shoes. I have used him for about a year now and very satisfied with him...301-769-3503

Don't you just LOVE Mike Poe? He's our farrier at the University and he's awesome - will actually be teaching a course in farriery for us this winter! Will hopefully help us start a farrier program, too.

I also vouch for Pat Riffle - I used him when I was in Southern MD and thought he did a great job. I don't know if he's certified, but he hot shoes and would do what I asked him to with one of my more difficult horses (she needed shorter toes than most people would want to give her). Nice guy, good farrier.

JCStar

Thanks so much guys for Pat's info. I adore Mike and am so sad to lose him - but it is for a good cause. I even toy with the idea of taking the class at UMD and he has promised to send me information. He is also trying to put together a recommendation for me - but that is difficult he admits. There is such a need down here. And he has done such a good job bringing my boy's feet back - that the thought of anyone else is scarey.

Again - thanks and I'll look Pat up and make my January appt.

I

ilovemyappy

I use Tina all the time and she is fabulous! Always on time, keeps records of each horse and reasonable prices. I highly recommend her to anyone! A friend of mine also uses her and they are very happy.

JCStar

Don't you just LOVE Mike Poe? He's our farrier at the University and he's awesome - will actually be teaching a course in farriery for us this winter! Will hopefully help us start a farrier program, too.

I also vouch for Pat Riffle - I used him when I was in Southern MD and thought he did a great job. I don't know if he's certified, but he hot shoes and would do what I asked him to with one of my more difficult horses (she needed shorter toes than most people would want to give her). Nice guy, good farrier.

UPDATE: After saying a sad goodbye to Mike Poe in December, I was very nervous to set out and "experiment" with a new ferrier. Today was my first appointment with Pat Riffle and I really like him! He was on time, very polite and sweet to my boy. Also, no drastic recommendations - he was cautious and kind. I will be using him from now on.....

So thanks friends for the recommendation - which goes a long way in my book. Pat is a gentleman and a kind and very capable ferrier - sometimes a hard combination to find!

fredsaid2

UPDATE: After saying a sad goodbye to Mike Poe in December, I was very nervous to set out and "experiment" with a new ferrier. Today was my first appointment with Pat Riffle and I really like him! He was on time, very polite and sweet to my boy. Also, no drastic recommendations - he was cautious and kind. I will be using him from now on.....

So thanks friends for the recommendation - which goes a long way in my book. Pat is a gentleman and a kind and very capable ferrier - sometimes a hard combination to find!

He is all that, glad you like him. He's been my farrier for years, around 10 I think. In that time I've never had to consider finding a replacement. I count myself lucky I don't have to. :smile:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)

Aww, glad you found a farrier for your boy. We both went on similar journeys with our horses feet. So glad he is doing so well. With all this mud my girl has done great hold her shoes and I love my new farrier too.:yahoo:

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
I use Spencer Bottoms and he is wonderful. Now he is not certified but he is just as good. He has turned my show horses feet around completely i love him!

If you want his number let me know

S

Sunkist

:stupid: when it comes to hot shoeing...but wtf is it? whats the benefit of having the shoes stuck in a furnace before placing on a hoof?

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Has anyone heard of or used a farrier named Christina Entzian of Indian Head, MD.? I received her name as a certified farrier of the Brotherhood of Working Farriers Association.

My quest to find a certified farrier who does hot shoeing continues. Mike Poe, my outstanding journeyman farrier, is going back to school and being one of his further clients - I'm being dropped as he downsizes to accomodate his new schedule in the New Year. I need someone for my January appointment.

Hot shoeing is a personal choice as is having a certified farrier. I am partial to both as I have had bad experiences in the past with uneducated, unreliable farriers.

Thanks in advance for any info.

I think she is fairly new. ~like with in the last year or so she was advertising as new to the area. unless I have her mixed up :whistle:

breezy9999

I think she is fairly new. ~like with in the last year or so she was advertising as new to the area. unless I have her mixed up :whistle:

I use her and really really like her! So even if she is new as long as she does a good job who cares! Plus she has an updated education. I have used farriers that have been around for a long time and still can't keep a horse sound. So hey another recommendation for Tina!

S

Sunkist

I use her and really really like her! So even if she is new as long as she does a good job who cares! Plus she has an updated education. I have used farriers that have been around for a long time and still can't keep a horse sound. So hey another recommendation for Tina!

how much does she charge to trim and shoe?

I

ilovemyappy

Farrier

I believe she charges 75 for front shoes and a trim all around. Again she is a really good farrier.