Cervical Cancer

wearepbandj

I was wondering if anyone has or had it and how did they deal with it? I am getting tested for it on the 22nd and im a little worried. I say just take it all out be done with it and do chemo too just to be safe.

Deneen

I was wondering if anyone has or had it and how did they deal with it? I am getting tested for it on the 22nd and im a little worried. I say just take it all out be done with it and do chemo too just to be safe.

First, have you been screened before? Generally, this is done at every annual checkup. Unless you have been told that you have cervical cancer don't worry. If you do have it, your doctor can give you the best advice.

wearepbandj

First, have you been screened before? Generally, this is done at every annual checkup. Unless you have been told that you have cervical cancer don't worry. If you do have it, your doctor can give you the best advice.

I get checked every year because when i was pregnant with my son they told me that i had it and they wanted me to abort my pregnancy.(Military docs in VA). Turns out they were wrong. I had some blood work done and the doctor got concerned about the results. My Mom , Grandmother bother had it. So since it runs in the family better safe then sorry. I just have this bad feeling this time.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
I had pre-cancerous cervical cancer in 2000 and had cryo surgery to kill all of the cells. I've been pre-cancerous free since then. I keep thanking God everyday that I went in for Pap Smear every year and caught this early.

If your result shown pre-cancerous cervical cancer, then your recovery will be easy. All they are going to do is put cryo in and freeze all the cells to kill them. It's very painless and quick. They will not put you to sleep for that surgery.

I don't know what to tell you if it is "cancer" and my best guess would be chemo and stuff.

I'll pray for you that you are CLEAN and do not have pre-cancerous or cancer! :huggy:

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
I've had the pre-cancerous cells also. They did laser surgery on me. They did put me to sleep for it but after I awakened they let me go home and I had no pain whatsoever. Best of luck to you!

K

Kain99

I was diagnosed with Adenosquamous Carcinoma in February 09. I had a Radical Hysterectomy March 10th. The worst of it has been, the daily trips back to Calvert for brachytherapy.

I've been lucky to have High-dose rate (HDR) implants. I have treatment twice a day for 5 days then we break and re-test.

Almost exactly 30 days Post Op. I'm feeling pretty good considering.

I cannot say it loud enough. Get tested! Cancer is a tricky little bastage.

Healing from the hysterectomy has been rapid! I'm just a tiny bit sore at the incision site. The scar is hip to hip but it's tiny and below the bikini line.

If you ever want to talk, feel free to PM me. I'm pretty much an expert at this point.

wearepbandj

I just called my old Doctor to make sure i know everything that they said when i first got tested for it. I was in bad shape. I was pregnant with my son and had a ruff pregnancy and had lots of bleeding. It turns out i had pre- cancer cells. Why don't i remember them saying that! That is really important to know. two months after that i went to a navy Doctor for the rest of my pregnancy because they were going to stop taking Tri Care Standard. Well i called my Doctor from the navy they have no record of me even going to this Doctor at all. I signed that form to get my records transferred. Every check after that i have be clean. Im so mad but at myself. Even though i was really upet when i got tested i should of asked questions when i was calm.

SShewbert

What love is all about
I just called my old Doctor to make sure i know everything that they said when i first got tested for it. I was in bad shape. I was pregnant with my son and had a ruff pregnancy and had lots of bleeding. It turns out i had pre- cancer cells. Why don't i remember them saying that! That is really important to know. two months after that i went to a navy Doctor for the rest of my pregnancy because they were going to stop taking Tri Care Standard. Well i called my Doctor from the navy they have no record of me even going to this Doctor at all. I signed that form to get my records transferred. Every check after that i have be clean. Im so mad but at myself. Even though i was really upet when i got tested i should of asked questions when i was calm.

Ok so did you have an abnormal pap and that is what they are going by or did you have the test done where they test the abnormal cells? I have had 5 pregnancies so I am not sure which one it was with but let me see if I can remember this. With my third pregnancy I believe they did the pap smear. It came back abnormal. They did the testing of the cells to see if they were cancersorus (sp?) or not. I dont even remember what it came back as. I know that they had it planned to freeze them but they wanted to wait until after I had the baby. Well I had a miscarriage and never went back to have it done. When I got pregnant again and they did my pap it came back fine and has everytime since then. I would not worry unless they tell you there is something to worry about because I was told when it comes back abnormal that it can sometimes clear itself up.

Toxick

Splat

I thought they tested for that as a matter of course. Like when guys need to start getting the Longest-Finger-In-The-World-Up-The-Chute test every year or two.

Long ago, I had a girlfriend who had the cervical cancer. And if I remember correctly they got rid of it with a simple outpatient procedure that took like a half-hour. I don't even think she was in any pain during or after this procedure. They froze ... something .. up there, and we had to abstain for a couple of weeks, and it was over.

Try to relax until they give you bad news. You're probably a-ok... and even if you're not, it should be pretty simple to get back to a-ok status.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
I thought they tested for that as a matter of course. Like when guys need to start getting the Longest-Finger-In-The-World-Up-The-Chute test every year or two.

Long ago, I had a girlfriend who had the cervical cancer. And if I remember correctly they got rid of it with a simple outpatient procedure that took like a half-hour. I don't even think she was in any pain during or after this procedure. They froze ... something .. up there, and we had to abstain for a couple of weeks, and it was over.

Try to relax until they give you bad news. You're probably a-ok... and even if you're not, it should be pretty simple to get back to a-ok status.

She had Cryo surgery. I had same thing. It was totally pain free. Yes, no sex for couple of weeks and had to wear pantyliner for "leak" as the cryo melt after killing all of the cells.

All I can say it is not a big deal. It's a very easy, pain free, and quick surgery and recovery.

frozenrain

I have no experience with this but would just like to say I hope everything turns out alright:huggy:

thebird

I had a LEEP procedure in 05 for pre cancerous cervical cells. The basically put me under at the hospital and used a hot wire to shave the tip of my cervix off that contained the cells. I was able to go home after with very minimal pain. There was some scar tissue afterwards which made my last labor last a lot longer to progress but I've been cancer cell free since! Good luck!

SoMDGirl42

I had a LEEP procedure in 05 for pre cancerous cervical cells. The basically put me under at the hospital and used a hot wire to shave the tip of my cervix off that contained the cells. I was able to go home after with very minimal pain. There was some scar tissue afterwards which made my last labor last a lot longer to progress but I've been cancer cell free since! Good luck!

I had the LEEP in 95 in my doctor's office. Some cramping and mild discomfort, but not bad. I remained cancer free.

Good luck to the OP. Hope all is well.