ChaCha

frequentflier

happy to be living

frequentflier

happy to be living
Sasha (ChaCha) makes a little progress every hour. Baby steps. My rescue friend had to come help me yesterday with the resource guarding. Today she is in her own bed and I will take her for frequent walks and to my store when I go feed the store kitty.
The house cats are still an issue. She is very reactive.
I laid on the couch yesterday and watched a movie. She snuggled up to me and let me pet and stroke her.
This girl has clearly been abused. She is slow to trust but I think, with time, she will learn to trust me and know that I am not going to hurt her. My friend suggested I make the name change gradually.
She's going to be a happy and loving ChaCha! Baby steps.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Sasha (ChaCha) makes a little progress every hour. Baby steps. My rescue friend had to come help me yesterday with the resource guarding. Today she is in her own bed and I will take her for frequent walks and to my store when I go feed the store kitty.
The house cats are still an issue. She is very reactive.
I laid on the couch yesterday and watched a movie. She snuggled up to me and let me pet and stroke her.
This girl has clearly been abused. She is slow to trust but I think, with time, she will learn to trust me and know that I am not going to hurt her. My friend suggested I make the name change gradually.
She's going to be a happy and loving ChaCha! Baby steps.
How is she with your husband? Usually the men are the abusers so animals tend to shy away from men more than women.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Sasha aka ChaCha seems to not care about the thunder. She is still resource guarding at times and gets wiggy at the store when back in my office. Protecting her bed and the barrier that keeps behind my desk, even when I am there. Someone has treated this doggie badly and she is like Jeckyl/Hyde at times.
It took me awhile to get an appt at vet to get initial appt, bloodwork, heartworm etc done and hope to get a faster appt after that is done, for spay and dental. I hope the spay helps with possible hormonal issues and really hope she does not go into heat in the mean time. That this girl has not been spayed in 5 + years makes me think she has not been treated properly and some would call it neglect.
We make progress every day, baby steps. She is a very sweet dog but carries a lot of baggage as well. I am patient and hoping to do right by her with the help of a trainer. My cats are stressed and unable to roam freely around the house as they once did. She does not react if they are still- it's the movement that sets the prey drive in mode. Help is needed with that. She is crate trained and is good about going in at night (it is not punishment!) but the cats are still not coming around. They are all over 12 YO and I feel bad about the stress this girl's presence is giving them :-(