ChaCha

frequentflier

happy to be living
Sasha/ChaCha had an appt at All Kinds yesterday and passed her physical with flying colors! Unfortunately, they cannot get her in for a dental and spay until OCTOBER! They said she is getting ready to go into heat.
Ah, no...the rescue managed to get her in at Tidewater in Charlotte hall on Monday for the spay. We will deal with the dental at a later date.
The Great Dane next door is not neutered and the owners have him trained with an underground fence. Though my doggie is never outside without me, I doubt anything will stop that 110 lb beast from trying to get at her.
And, yes, I think it is safe to say I am a foster failure!

frequentflier

happy to be living

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Sasha/ChaCha had an appt at All Kinds yesterday and passed her physical with flying colors! Unfortunately, they cannot get her in for a dental and spay until OCTOBER! They said she is getting ready to go into heat.
Ah, no...the rescue managed to get her in at Tidewater in Charlotte hall on Monday for the spay. We will deal with the dental at a later date.
The Great Dane next door is not neutered and the owners have him trained with an underground fence. Though my doggie is never outside without me, I doubt anything will stop that 110 lb beast from trying to get at her.
And, yes, I think it is safe to say I am a foster failure!
That is about how long it took me to get the spay/neuter appointment for the kittens. Luckily they are young enough to wait that long but I have heard that a 4 month old could go into heat. I hope that is rare because I estimate Boone and Gracie to be about that age.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
That is about how long it took me to get the spay/neuter appointment for the kittens. Luckily they are young enough to wait that long but I have heard that a 4 month old could go into heat. I hope that is rare because I estimate Boone and Gracie to be about that age.
It is possible for that young a cat, folks at the rescue from whom we got Cooper and Buff rescue Baby-Mommas all too often.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
It is possible for that young a cat, folks at the rescue from whom we got Cooper and Buff rescue Baby-Mommas all too often.
Yes, I am glad the surgery happens in a few days. At this point, I don't think that either has hit "puberty " yet. I want to keep it that way.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Yes, I am glad the surgery happens in a few days. At this point, I don't think that either has hit "puberty " yet. I want to keep it that way.
Both Cooper and Buff got neutered when they reached 2 1/2#, about 3 months of age.
I do not believe they even know they were supposed to have "dangly bits."
With Cooper at 17# and Buff at 15#, I do not think they are under size for not having gone through puberty.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Both Cooper and Buff got neutered when they reached 2 1/2#, about 3 months of age.
I do not believe they even know they were supposed to have "dangly bits."
With Cooper at 17# and Buff at 15#, I do not think they are under size for not having gone through puberty.
Judging how big Boone is at 4 months (size wise not weight), he is going to be yuuge!!

frequentflier

happy to be living
Update: SG asked me how she was doing now and I am happy to share that she is the best dog ever! I think the spaying calmed her down a lot. That and having a routine and knowing she has a forever home. She is nice to the cats now and pretty non reactive. They are more comfortable coming out and joining us in the main house. The wood stove is in the basement and I look forward to spending time down there snuggling with her and the cats this winter.
My husband was home recently for a couple weeks and it is clear she is MY dog but she quickly warmed up to him and they were best buds. Of course, treats, belly rubs and a few walks helped that! This dog loves to go for walks and is not the least big prissy if it is raining or the grass is wet. She loves spending time in the fenced in back yard and she thinks she's a great squirrel hunter. But they have her number and are much too quick and agile!
It's funny, when I pulled her out of the shelter, I told the rescue that I didn't need her but he sure needed me. I was wrong. I needed her, too. And feel blessed to have her as my companion. Her presence is a great comfort to me as there is a fair amount of stress in my life right now.

luvmygdaughters

Update: SG asked me how she was doing now and I am happy to share that she is the best dog ever! I think the spaying calmed her down a lot. That and having a routine and knowing she has a forever home. She is nice to the cats now and pretty non reactive. They are more comfortable coming out and joining us in the main house. The wood stove is in the basement and I look forward to spending time down there snuggling with her and the cats this winter.
My husband was home recently for a couple weeks and it is clear she is MY dog but she quickly warmed up to him and they were best buds. Of course, treats, belly rubs and a few walks helped that! This dog loves to go for walks and is not the least big prissy if it is raining or the grass is wet. She loves spending time in the fenced in back yard and she thinks she's a great squirrel hunter. But they have her number and are much too quick and agile!
It's funny, when I pulled her out of the shelter, I told the rescue that I didn't need her but he sure needed me. I was wrong. I needed her, too. And feel blessed to have her as my companion. Her presence is a great comfort to me as there is a fair amount of stress in my life right now.
:yahoo:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

:love:

I call Apollo my little best friend. Like you I was always a cat person, and then my sweetie showed up. Unlike cats, dogs love you back. :lol: