Changes

Auntie Biache'

So, those of you who know me, know the pattern my hair has grayed. I'm doing this Oct 5th...

Attachments

• silver hair.JPG
    silver hair.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 553

lucky_bee

RBF expert
This is gorgeous Auntie.

I'm in my early 30s and am already 70%+ gray. I color religiously, but my beloved hair dresser and I have discussed going natural eventually - maybe by my 40s I'll be ready. I won't be able to keep this level up forever. I have similar hair length and texture to this, and this is what I've envisioned.

Auntie Biache'

This is gorgeous Auntie.

I'm in my early 30s and am already 70%+ gray. I color religiously, but my beloved hair dresser and I have discussed going natural eventually - maybe by my 40s I'll be ready. I won't be able to keep this level up forever. I have similar hair length and texture to this, and this is what I've envisioned.

I wish I had done this from the beginning. I wasted a lot of years trying to cover the gray. I started letting it grow out some years ago, but it's just "gray". It needs some life. I'm pretty psyched about this. I consulted with 3 salons before settling on one.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I wish I had done this from the beginning. I wasted a lot of years trying to cover the gray. I started letting it grow out some years ago, but it's just "gray". It needs some life. I'm pretty psyched about this. I consulted with 3 salons before settling on one.
Yea, I never realized, while you can just "go gray", it'd be better to make it a process. And even then, you need some depth added with another shade or two of gray. Going this route will certainly be cheaper than coloring ALL my hair, but I'm not quite ready to actually go gray yet :blushing:

also, I'm waiting for the younger side of my generation to quit dying their hair purple-y gray to be ironic. I'm not trying to hop on that fad :lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Very pretty! I have never colored my hair and it's about a third gray now. I like how its coming in with streaks of gray and watching the slow, gradual change.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
What exactly are you having done? Are you just going to color it gray?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I still don’t have any gray, but I’ll continue my blonde highlights. Not going dark again like I did last year.

Auntie Biache'

What exactly are you having done? Are you just going to color it gray?

It's already gray. I'm going to lighten the gray, and eventually work it further back, until it's all silver white. Initially, I should walk out with almost exactly what's in the pic.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I stopped coloring my hair a couple years ago because doing it in the bath house at an RV park was just not happening. I hadn't seen my natural color in so long I wasn't even sure what it was, but it's a dark blonde with gold highlights and the gray blends in nicely. I like it!

Auntie Biache'

I stopped coloring my hair a couple years ago because doing it in the bath house at an RV park was just not happening. I hadn't seen my natural color in so long I wasn't even sure what it was, but it's a dark blonde with gold highlights and the gray blends in nicely. I like it!

That's good, that you're happy with it. I was for quite a while, but it has just gotten too dull. It needs some light.

ginwoman

This is gorgeous Auntie.

I just started a few months ago of "going natural". I'm 57 and tired of always fighting the white stripe. Its getting better and my stylist has been great as far as highlighting so its been a smooth transition and I have gotten so many compliments!

Auntie Biache'

So Auntie, how'd your hair come out?

(I'm trying to decide to go 'natural', but am a little skeered)

It actually came out great. The only regret is that I didn't do more. Next visit, which I've already scheduled, I'm taking the plunge and going all out. Mostly white, with dark underside. Most of my gray is in the front and over my ears, typical male graying pattern. It would look great as is if I had short hair, but I don't.

Don't be skeered.