Charles County officer murders dog

dmh

tom88 said:
Thank you very much for pointing that out. That gives the officer more than sufficient reason to shoot the dog when the dog was attacking him. If the dog was allowed to bite him, then the officer may have had a horrible reaction to being bitten. I am happy the officer was able to stop that threat before he was injured in the manner which you described.

ummm, no maybe he is in the WRONG line of work!!!

Otter

Nothing to see here
tom88 said:
Thank you very much for pointing that out. That gives the officer more than sufficient reason to shoot the dog when the dog was attacking him. If the dog was allowed to bite him, then the officer may have had a horrible reaction to being bitten. I am happy the officer was able to stop that threat before he was injured in the manner which you described.

Another common sense approach by the Charles County Police..have a cop thats deathly afraid of dogs try to serve a warrant on a private address. Very cool, its not just Long that has no common sense, there are others on the police payroll. I stand corrrected. :yay:

tom88

dmh said:
ummm, no maybe he is in the WRONG line of work!!!
Why is he in the wrong line of work? Are you saying people with allergies shouldn't be allowed to be police officers? Maybe dogs should be kept in a kennel so they don't try to bite police officers who go to their houses to pick up dead beat dads? Maybe Mattia should not train his dogs to be so violent. We know the dogs have attacked at least two people. I wonder how many more Mattia is hiding from us?

dmh

tom88 said:
Why is he in the wrong line of work? Are you saying people with allergies shouldn't be allowed to be police officers? Maybe dogs should be kept in a kennel so they don't try to bite police officers who go to their houses to pick up dead beat dads? Maybe Mattia should not train his dogs to be so violent. We know the dogs have attacked at least two people. I wonder how many more Mattia is hiding from us?

Well gee Tommy boy, considering when you serve warrants, nine out of ten houses will more than likely have a dog, so taking that into consideration, do you think it is wise to have an officer that is allergic to dogs serve warrants?

greyhound

Charles County officer ... 09-10-2007 02:08 PM i hope a slimey snake gets ejected into your nostils. and then it slithers a lot and it tickles but also feels cold and gross. Just because snakes are cold blooded doesnt mean that it is like really cold, just that it doesnt produce its own heat

Thank you for the green....

But it makes no sense.

tom88

dmh said:
Well gee Tommy boy, considering when you serve warrants, nine out of ten houses will more than likely have a dog, so taking that into consideration, do you think it is wise to have an officer that is allergic to dogs serve warrants?
Well Gee dawn...I don't think Long has to arrest any dogs on the warrant squad. And by your logic, if 9 out of 10 houses has dogs, and Long is this notorious dog killer, then I think he has used remarkable restraint considering he arrested over 100 people last year and only shot one dog, well I think he is doing quite well! Now I know your going to bring up those other two dogs, but be fair and report the truth, that was at the request of the owner of those dogs after she had been mauled!

tom88

greyhound said:
Charles County officer ... 09-10-2007 02:08 PM i hope a slimey snake gets ejected into your nostils. and then it slithers a lot and it tickles but also feels cold and gross. Just because snakes are cold blooded doesnt mean that it is like really cold, just that it doesnt produce its own heat

Thank you for the green....

But it makes no sense.
She is not smart enough, nor is she sufficiently in control of her emotions in order to give you the right color.

dmh

tom88 said:
Well Gee dawn... I don't think Long has to arrest any dogs on the warrant squad. And by your logic, if 9 out of 10 houses has dogs, and Long is this notorious dog killer, then I think he has used remarkable restraint considering he arrested over 100 people last year and only shot one dog, well I think he is doing quite well! Now I know your going to bring up those other two dogs, but be fair and report the truth, that was at the request of the owner of those dogs after she had been mauled!

Tom,:smack:

1. how do you know that this officer arrested over 100 people last year? Based upon the one experience I know of I seriously doubt it.

2. Please tell me the proof you have that the owner of BOTH dogs requested for this officer to shoot and kill them.

3. My opinion, if an officer is allergic to dogs, he should maybe rethink what duties he can and can not perform.

4. Please do not call me by another name.

Pandora

I have a story to tell! :howdy:

I was out in the field today, which means I am knocking on doors doing my business just like a person who serves warrants. I make about 20 or so home visits in a 9-10 hour period 1-2 days per week, 52 weeks a year. I deal with a lot of dogs.

Anyway, today, I had a very large German Sheppard run up on me as I approached the door. It barked, nipped the bottom of my heals and back away a few feet from me and barked some more. I turned around, stuck my hand down to see if I could get her to approach me, but she wasn’t having any of that.

The homeowner is saying to me at this point, “oh, she will not bite.” I am thinking :confused: well, it nipped my heels several times already and at this point, I am thinking please don’t bit me but I'm being a bit cocky too, like I'm not afraid of you.

I turned my back to the dog and started speaking to the homeowner. She runs up behind me and pushes her nose in my ass, backs up and barks. This dog is obviously not happy I am there at all and she is letting me know. I said goodbye to the homeowner and start walking towards my vehicle, very calmly, praying, please God don’t let this dog bit me. This dog takes it snout and shoves it straight in my ass and pushes me towards my vehicle. I walk a few more steps and she does it again as to say, you are not moving fast enough, let me help you some more.

When I got in the car I yelled out the window, you bia.... you should be lucky my name isn't Deputy Long. :lmao:

BTW, that is the 2nd aggressive dog that I have come in contact with in the past 3-years and both are still alive and I didn't get bit. :diva:

tom88

dmh said:
Tom,:smack:

1. how do you know that this officer arrested over 100 people last year? Based upon the one experience I know of I seriously doubt it.

2. Please tell me the proof you have that the owner of BOTH dogs requested for this officer to shoot and kill them.

3. My opinion, if an officer is allergic to dogs, he should maybe rethink what duties he can and can not perform.

4. Please do not call me by another name.
Well Dawn, the reason I know is because someone told me that. Show me proof that the owner didn't tell Long to kill the dogs and show me proof that Long wasn't attacked by Mattia's dog. I will take the word of the Charles County Internal Affairs Dept. and the Charles County States Attorney's Office and every Charles County Lawyer who won't take Mattia's case over the word of Mattia. Your opinion doesn't really count, unless you will take my opinion which is you should shut up about things you don't know anything about.

tom88

Pandora said:
I have a story to tell! :howdy:

I was out in the field today, which means I am knocking on doors doing my business just like a person who serves warrants. I make about 20 or so home visits in a 9-10 hour period 1-2 days per week, 52 weeks a year. I deal with a lot of dogs.

Anyway, today, I had a very large German Sheppard run up on me as I approached the door. It barked, nipped the bottom of my heals and back away a few feet from me and barked some more. I turned around, stuck my hand down to see if I could get her to approach me, but she wasn’t having any of that.

The homeowner is saying to me at this point, “oh, she will not bite.” I am thinking :confused: well, it nipped my heels several times already and at this point, I am thinking please don’t bit me but I'm being a bit cocky too, like I'm not afraid of you.

I turned my back to the dog and started speaking to the homeowner. She runs up behind me and pushes her nose in my ass, backs up and barks. This dog is obviously not happy I am there at all and she is letting me know. I said goodbye to the homeowner and start walking towards my vehicle, very calmly, praying, please God don’t let this dog bit me. This dog takes it snout and shoves it straight in my ass and pushes me towards my vehicle. I walk a few more steps and she does it again as to say, you are not moving fast enough, let me help you some more.

When I got in the car I yelled out the window, you bia.... you should be lucky my name isn't Deputy Long. :lmao:

BTW, that is the 2nd aggressive dog that I have come in contact with in the past 3-years and both are still alive and I didn't get bit. :diva:
I am glad that you risk your life and body to not hurt animals. That is not logical, but I am glad you do it. I for one, don't want to pay increased insurance premiums to the Charles County Sheriff's Workmans Compensation carrier because they take unecassary risks. If a dog attacks an officer, I want the officer to kill the dog rather than risk getting injured and possibly being out of work, having me pay taxes to have him recouperate at home, not to mention the human cost of having an officer injured!

Pandora

tom88 said:
I am glad that you risk your life and body to not hurt animals. That is not logical, but I am glad you do it. I for one, don't want to pay increased insurance premiums to the Charles County Sheriff's Workmans Compensation carrier because they take unecassary risks. If a dog attacks an officer, I want the officer to kill the dog rather than risk getting injured and possibly being out of work, having me pay taxes to have him recouperate at home, not to mention the human cost of having an officer injured!

Why of course not. It is much cheaper to just have officers tied up on an internal investigation. :jameo:

And anyway, if I would have been bitten in the ass cheek, I could just sit cocked to one side doing something productive in the office.

I am saving my collection power for the day I throw myself down the stairs. They just don't know yet how dangerous those stairs can really be, yet! :biggrin:

Last edited:

tom88

Pandora said:
Why of course not. It is much cheaper to just have officers tied up on an internal investigation. :jameo:

And anyway, if I would have been bitten in the ass cheek, I could just sit cocked to one side doing something productive in the office.

I am saving my collection power for the day I throw myself down the stairs. They just don't know yet how dangerous those stairs can really be, yet! :biggrin:
It is much cheaper for an internal investigation. Do you realize the amount of money we pay to officers who have to retire due to a work related injury? Up to 66 and 2/3rds their salary, rightfully so I believe, but that is a lot of money to pay someone for 30 or 40 years. I would rather officers kept themselves safe as possible in a very unsafe job. I don't know how long it took these officers to investigate this, doesn't seem like much time, but if the officer was mauled or seriously injured, The personal consequences, and the monetary consequences are much greater.

I am reading your response and I am kinda taking it tongue and cheek, but there are other people out there who believe this stuff.

Pandora

66 2/3? Really? You don't say? You wouldn't think a person would throw themselves down stairs to get 66 2/3 would you?

P.S. My response was very tongue and cheek. :biggrin:

Otter

Nothing to see here
tom88 said:
It is much cheaper for an internal investigation. Do you realize the amount of money we pay to officers who have to retire due to a work related injury? Up to 66 and 2/3rds their salary, rightfully so I believe, but that is a lot of money to pay someone for 30 or 40 years. I would rather officers kept themselves safe as possible in a very unsafe job. I don't know how long it took these officers to investigate this, doesn't seem like much time, but if the officer was mauled or seriously injured, The personal consequences, and the monetary consequences are much greater.

I am reading your response and I am kinda taking it tongue and cheek, but there are other people out there who believe this stuff.

I kinda know Vrai, I could put a word in for ya if you want to change your name to Idiot.

Last edited:

tom88

otter said:
I kinda know Vrai, I could put a word in for ya if you want to change your name to Idiot.
Why would I want to change my name? I am the person who is right! The cop didn't get into trouble. The dog won't attack anyone else. And the deadbeat son got locked up. All is right with the world.

Mikeinsmd

tom88 said:
Why would I want to change my name? I am the person who is right! The cop didn't get into trouble. The dog won't attack anyone else. And the deadbeat son got locked up. All is right with the world.
Dude, GET A LIFE!!! :duh: