Charlotte Hall, Is Something Happening?

stgislander

PREMO Member
@dis
Instead of just trading random speculations, and rumors, you all need to check these 2 sites. The first link mentions a Chipotle Mexican Grill, a Royal Farms, and a Starbucks all planned for Charlotte Hall..

Disney4845 (Shasho) used to be a regular contributor here, giving us all the skinny on what's being built where. I wonder what happened to him.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
@dis

Disney4845 (Shasho) used to be a regular contributor here, giving us all the skinny on what's being built where. I wonder what happened to him.
I can't confirm this, and it's absolutely not true but:

Rumor is he was pulled over for a suspected DUI. The officer called for back-up, then approached Shasho and demanded he say his name 3 times fast. Shasho, Shasho, Shasho, he said, and the officer became disoriented and had a seizure. When back-up arrived, Shasho was arrested for mentally abusing a police officer.

As I said earlier, this is completely untrue, but I have suffered from trying to pronounce his name myself.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
I was at the other end by Pizza Pan looking for heroin.
My cousin worked at Pizza Pan, they kept the heroin at A&P next to the Eight O'clock coffee.:lol:

The High's is gone and now there's a Popeyes where it used to be. Wanna go with me and get a Spicy Chicken sammich?

I hear they're to die for!:yay:

J/K:flowers:

Last edited:

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
AJ are you from Hillcrest? Family moved to Hillcrest in 1952, Dad and brothers still there. I rode my bicycle to the High's a million times growing up, there was no better ice cream then a Butter Brickle cone. Friendly's brand of ice cream has a Butter Crunch that is pretty darn close to High's BB.
Yes Sir. Used to buy my cigarettes at Drug Mart when I was 13, then go thieving shopping at G.C. Murphy.

Savage

The lot was under contract, but according to Sasho’s blog the deal fell through. Cleaning it up would make it marketable.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Over the sandwich or just random in the parking lot (die)?
I'm pretty sure I can get in and out with the sammiches Mitzi if you lay down some suppressive fire. Then we can go eat where it's safe, like Oxon Run Park or the Metro station.:snacks:

You like spicy or regular? :hot:

mitzi

I'm pretty sure I can get in and out with the sammiches Mitzi if you lay down some suppressive fire. Then we can go eat where it's safe, like Oxon Run Park or the Metro station.:snacks:

You like spicy or regular? :hot:

Then maybe to Strick's for a beer

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Then maybe to Strick's for a beer
Mitzi that's a fantastic idea!

But if I got tipsy, I'd be helpless as a kitten up a tree.
Would you take advantage me, I'd be misty, and so much in love.

You definitely could, please say you would, my dear Mitzi.:blushing:

OldHillcrestGuy

My cousin worked at Pizza Pan, they kept the heroin at A&P next to the Eight O'clock coffee.:lol:

The High's is gone and now there's a Popeyes where it used to be. Wanna go with me and get a Spicy Chicken sammich?

I hear they're to die for!:yay:

J/K:flowers:
In the past couple of months someone did get shot and died in front of that Popeyes and then last month about a block down Iverson toward the mall another fatal shooting. Back in the late 50's through the 70's it was a great place to grow up in.

That poor 13 year boy that got shot raking leaves in his front yard, lived just around the corner and about 2 blocks from the shopping center. Jameison St. is kind off the beaten path not a main street, nice houses on that part of Jameison, its right by Hillcrest Height Elementary, where I attented 1st grade and then after Green Valley opened that's where I went for 2nd through 6th grade.

mitzi

In the past couple of months someone did get shot and died in front of that Popeyes and then last month about a block down Iverson toward the mall another fatal shooting. Back in the late 50's through the 70's it was a great place to grow up in.

That poor 13 year boy that got shot raking leaves in his front yard, lived just around the corner and about 2 blocks from the shopping center. Jameison St. is kind off the beaten path not a main street, nice houses on that part of Jameison, its right by Hillcrest Height Elementary, where I attented 1st grade and then after Green Valley opened that's where I went for 2nd through 6th grade.

I didn't know about the boy getting shot raking leaves! What happened, was it random? The last time I drove thru the area (maybe 10 years ago), the houses are still nice and well kept. It doesn't look like you would imagine given all the shootings and car jackings. I went to both Green Valley and Hillcrest Heights Elementary.

mitzi

Mitzi that's a fantastic idea!

But if I got tipsy, I'd be helpless as a kitten up a tree.
Would you take advantage me, I'd be misty, and so much in love.

You definitely could, please say you would, my dear Mitzi.:blushing:
Mr. Wick's is gone.

OldHillcrestGuy

I didn't know about the boy getting shot raking leaves! What happened, was it random? The last time I drove thru the area (maybe 10 years ago), the houses are still nice and well kept. It doesn't look like you would imagine given all the shootings and car jackings. I went to both Green Valley and Hillcrest Heights Elementary.

Don't know how old you might be, but Im sure we probably know each other or you might know my brothers. Its been all over the news about the shooting, the family had to turn of the machines last Friday because of no brain activity. Sounds like random, the boy and his younger sister were raking leaves the father had just gone inside and his sister ran in the house to get their father. Kind of wonder if maybe the dad could have been the target. Mom had asked the boy if he could rake some leaves after school she was at work as a nurse. The PG Police have offered a $25,000 reward for info. The mother said yesterday that the family is afraid to go back there and stay. Hillcrest has stayed really nice, that part of Jamison has some really nice homes still there. Hillcrest made the news last night for a near fatal stabbing on a Metro bus that occurred on 23rd Pkwy near Iverson (just a couple of blocks from the shooting). NBC4 had crew on the scene.

OldHillcrestGuy

I'm more of a MGM Grand type.

Never been in Mr. Wick's, but did spend a lot of time on the hill across the street when it snowed.
I spent a lot of time in that park, good place to park and make out back in the days. Once made out with a really hot Potomac cheerleader while kind of cheating on my girlfriend. lol

mitzi

Don't know how old you might be, but Im sure we probably know each other or you might know my brothers. Its been all over the news about the shooting, the family had to turn of the machines last Friday because of no brain activity. Sounds like random, the boy and his younger sister were raking leaves the father had just gone inside and his sister ran in the house to get their father. Kind of wonder if maybe the dad could have been the target. Mom had asked the boy if he could rake some leaves after school she was at work as a nurse. The PG Police have offered a $25,000 reward for info. The mother said yesterday that the family is afraid to go back there and stay. Hillcrest has stayed really nice, that part of Jamison has some really nice homes still there. Hillcrest made the news last night for a near fatal stabbing on a Metro bus that occurred on 23rd Pkwy near Iverson (just a couple of blocks from the shooting). NBC4 had crew on the scene.

I did see an interview with the parents on Fox this morning. They seem to be good people. I did a Google street map search not long ago and drove thru the entire neighborhood. This isn't a poor area, all of those houses cost money. I did a search on the rents at most of the apartments and they're high. They aren't substidized. I left in 82 because I was sick of everything being stolen. We would see cars driving thru during the day with DC tags. What does that tell you. I did hear about the shooting at the shopping center and the stabbing on the bus. Sometimes I see so much bad stuff up there, it all runs together anymore.
Did you and your brothers to to Stoddart? What street did you live on?