Charlotte Hall Royal Farms

OldHillcrestGuy

I posted way back about a rumor I heard, well looks like the real thing. There is already a plat picture out on the Golden Beach website I believe that shows that it will have a the whole area from Oaks Rd down to almost Lighthouse. The little white house is included in the area and besides Royal Farms it calls for a fast food place also. Going to be a real mess at that intersection. Suppose to be happening around end of June. Doesnt look like Wentworth has moved anything from their lot.

mitzi

I posted way back about a rumor I heard, well looks like the real thing. There is already a plat picture out on the Golden Beach website I believe that shows that it will have a the whole area from Oaks Rd down to almost Lighthouse. The little white house is included in the area and besides Royal Farms it calls for a fast food place also. Going to be a real mess at that intersection. Suppose to be happening around end of June. Doesnt look like Wentworth has moved anything from their lot.

Do you have a link? Wentworth's is closing? I'm trying to picture all of these changes.

Last edited:

OldHillcrestGuy

Do you have a link? Wentworth's is closing? I'm trying to picture all of these changes.

No I don't have a link, my son showed me something on some Golden Beach website they have. Wentworths is only closing the Charlotte Hall location as far as I know and moving everything down to the Oraville location by 247. Wasn't sure if it included everything on that block to include Lighthouse and Miller's and Koth's. The white house at the 4 way stop will be demolished (it recently went empty) and will be part of the new project. There will also be a road cut through from Three Notch to Charlotte Hall Rd. in about the middle of the project. I assume (I know you shouldn't assume lol) that may separate the Royal Farms from the fast food place. Unfortunately for all you Chic-f-La fans it doesn't look like there would be room for one of them, cause those Royal Farms take up a lot of room.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
After the WaWa across the street goes out of business from the Royal competition, there will be space for a new Chic.

Grumpy

After the WaWa across the street goes out of business from the Royal competition, there will be space for a new Chic.
WaWa would win that competition, IMO. Every Royal Farms store I've stopped at over the years has been messy and dirty.

SandieGarry

Actually, the customers will be the winners here. When the new Royal Farms went in at Gambrills, across from an existing Wawa, the gas wars began. It only lasted about 6 or 8 months but it was the cheapest gas by far.

mitzi

No I don't have a link, my son showed me something on some Golden Beach website they have. Wentworths is only closing the Charlotte Hall location as far as I know and moving everything down to the Oraville location by 247. Wasn't sure if it included everything on that block to include Lighthouse and Miller's and Koth's. The white house at the 4 way stop will be demolished (it recently went empty) and will be part of the new project. There will also be a road cut through from Three Notch to Charlotte Hall Rd. in about the middle of the project. I assume (I know you shouldn't assume lol) that may separate the Royal Farms from the fast food place. Unfortunately for all you Chic-f-La fans it doesn't look like there would be room for one of them, cause those Royal Farms take up a lot of room.

I used to live on Charlotte Hall Road in the 80s. That little white house has been there forever. I'm sorry to see it go along with all the time I used to spend in Wentworth's. There wasn't much there back then. The big to do was when McDonald's opened, High's for an ice cream cone and the video store. I'm not familiar with Royal Farms at all. All of this "progress" has ruined the rural area it used to be :(. Thanks for the info.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I used to live on Charlotte Hall Road in the 80s. That little white house has been there forever. I'm sorry to see it go along with all the time I used to spend in Wentworth's. There wasn't much there back then. The big to do was when McDonald's opened, High's for an ice cream cone and the video store. I'm not familiar with Royal Farms at all. All of this "progress" has ruined the rural area it used to be :(. Thanks for the info.
I used to love stopping at High's in the morning and grabbing a half smoke and Dr. Pepper for breakfast. A teen needed the energy to hump brick and block in Pinefield when it was literally just a Pine Field, where the company I worked for was building. Might have also parked where there's a TSC now. :whistle:

mitzi

I used to love stopping at High's in the morning and grabbing a half smoke and Dr. Pepper for breakfast. A teen needed the energy to hump brick and block in Pinefield when it was literally just a Pine Field, where the company I worked for was building. Might have also parked where there's a TSC now. :whistle:

TSC?

PeoplesElbow

WaWa would win that competition, IMO. Every Royal Farms store I've stopped at over the years has been messy and dirty.
The one Royal Farms i stopped at on Kent Island was spotless. I think it has to do with where things are, Ive been in a few nasty WaWas.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The RF in Fredericksburg is spotless and their fried chicken is supposed to be pretty dadgum good.

SandieGarry

The RF in Fredericksburg is spotless and their fried chicken is supposed to be pretty dadgum good.

Personally, I think that their chicken is horrible. I've tried it at a couple of locations, tasted the same, yuck.

This is probably because Royal Farms is a more "northern" type of business. I'm a true "southern Md" guy, nobody beats grandma's chicken. Although, a couple of local places are pretty good.