charter fishing in O.C.

bohman

I'm thinking about a doing an offshore trip out of Ocean City this fall. Anybody here ever charter a boat there, good or bad experience?

bigman315

My brother in-law and I have been out on the Charter boat the MORNINGSTAR out of OC with Capt. Monty a few times. He put us on alot of fish from Croaker, Flounder, Black Sea Bass and he even caught a Shark onetime. He carries about 24 people and everyone has a numbered spot to fish from so there is plenty of room for everyone. He also supplies Rods and bait you bring your own food and beverages. It has been awhile since we have gone out with him and I forget how much it was to charter his boat, but I would go out again in a heartbeat!!!!

limblips

PREMO Member
I'm thinking about a doing an offshore trip out of Ocean City this fall. Anybody here ever charter a boat there, good or bad experience?

I have never fished out of OC but have extensive experience with VA Beach and Hatteras. OC has some killer white marlin action during the summer, early fall season. If you have the time and can afford it, I personally think Hatteras is the way to go. The Gulf Stream is close in so you get more fishing time and less boat ride plus it is a quaint area. I recommend Villiage Marina. I also recommend that if you want to do anything after 8:00PM, bring it with you!

bohman

My brother in-law and I have been out on the Charter boat the MORNINGSTAR out of OC with Capt. Monty a few times. He put us on alot of fish from Croaker, Flounder, Black Sea Bass and he even caught a Shark onetime. He carries about 24 people and everyone has a numbered spot to fish from so there is plenty of room for everyone. He also supplies Rods and bait you bring your own food and beverages. It has been awhile since we have gone out with him and I forget how much it was to charter his boat, but I would go out again in a heartbeat!!!!

Thanks, I'll look into that one.

I have never fished out of OC but have extensive experience with VA Beach and Hatteras. OC has some killer white marlin action during the summer, early fall season. If you have the time and can afford it, I personally think Hatteras is the way to go. The Gulf Stream is close in so you get more fishing time and less boat ride plus it is a quaint area. I recommend Villiage Marina. I also recommend that if you want to do anything after 8:00PM, bring it with you!

I would love to check out the Hatteras area, but time & money are definitely big factors. This trip is going to serve as a bachelor party of sorts for a buddy, and those of us in the group who are already married with kids need to keep a lid on the cost.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch

Post again with updates, I have wanted to do this as well and want to seek tuna...yum..tuna.....

bohman

Post again with updates, I have wanted to do this as well and want to seek tuna...yum..tuna.....

Will do. This will be completely new for me, I've rarely fished out of a boat and have never chartered. Fishing is normally just casting a line from shore for me.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
You want deep sea (tuna, dolphin, shark) or just bottom fishing?

bohman

You want deep sea (tuna, dolphin, shark) or just bottom fishing?

Personally, I'd do either one and be happy. Some of the other guys have their heart set on tuna. From the small amount of homework that I've done on this, I see that it's going to cost at least a few hundred more to go out deep sea. That might be ok, depending on the size of the group that's splitting the cost.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Personally, I'd do either one and be happy. Some of the other guys have their heart set on tuna. From the small amount of homework that I've done on this, I see that it's going to cost at least a few hundred more to go out deep sea. That might be ok, depending on the size of the group that's splitting the cost.
If all you want to do is bottom fish just stay here. Some of the best fishing is in the bay. To get tuna you have to go ocean.