Chase Racing

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I gotta admit, I wasn't a fan when first introduced, but the chase for the championship (nascar for those who don't know) is producing one exciting season finale race today. Closest points race in history, first time Homestead has sold out ... and my butt is glued to the couch edge. The only thing missing is Cletus T. Judd singing "I Love Nascar" :lol:

Jameo

What?!
I can't watch any more, all this change in point is toying with my emotions to much :lmao: I want Jimmie to win ssooo bad!!!!

crabcake

Jameo said:
I can't watch any more, all this change in point is toying with my emotions to much :lmao: I want Jimmie to win ssooo bad!!!!
I know ... it's changed leaders (race and points) sooooo many times. :crazy:

crabcake

OMMFG!!!!! :jet: could this race get any more exciting? Caution with 3 laps to go producing a green-white-checker finish! :jet: Something has GOT to happen to Busch ... hell, I would rather see Gordon win the championship than Busch! AHHHHHHHHHHH :banghead:

crabcake

Oh well :ohwell: At least my guy nosed Gordon for 2nd in points. And I have my weekend trip back to Florida paid for as a result. :banana: :getdown:

crabcake

HollowSoul said:
speakin of drownin sorrows......that sound f'n good.....it just seems like one thing after another is go'n wrong with that dayum clutch
now what's wrong with it? thought you fixed it the other day. :shrug:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
HollowSoul said:
well kinda sorta......i put the new clutch, throwout bearing, and master cylinder in. I put everything in...in the reverse order that it came out.....but here is the prob.
evidently....whoever had it last...put the f'n throwout bearing in backwards.....i had put 40,000 mi on a reversed throwout bearing...so i installed the new one exactly as i saw it....well as soon as i started the damn thing....it made a god awful noise and started spitting clutch fluid...
so here is the good and bad news...
reservior/master cylinder.....peechey keen
cluth/pressure plate...........peechy keen
pilot bearing......................peechy keen
hydraulic unit/slave cylinder....poop
throwout bearing..................poop
input shaft main bearing.........poop
$250 allready in it.........roughly $500 needed to go..
as soon as its fixed.....i'm gonna trade it for one of these..an infinityfx-45
I want to borrow it :biggrin:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
HollowSoul said:
at close to 50g's loaded.....im not sure i'll even me drive it
Doesn't matter. I like the G35 better. After buying the Audi, I'm never buying a "normal" car again. Luxury for the rest of my life. :lol:

willie

HollowSoul said:
well kinda sorta......i put the new clutch, throwout bearing, and master cylinder in. I put everything in...in the reverse order that it came out.....but here is the prob.
evidently....whoever had it last...put the f'n throwout bearing in backwards.....i had put 40,000 mi on a reversed throwout bearing...so i installed the new one exactly as i saw it....well as soon as i started the damn thing....it made a god awful noise and started spitting clutch fluid...
How did it screw up the slave cylinder? Have you taken it apart yet? The bearing surface is so much bigger than the backside that I don't see how it could go in backwards. Is it possible that the transmission wasn't fully mated with the bellhousing?

crabcake

HollowSoul said:
so in short, it's not done yet. :ohwell: that sux.

Jameo

What?!
HollowSoul said:

No, no, no! You wanna a new mustang :biggrin: Test drove one yesterday :drool: It was just the V6 and that thing would sh!t and get! Very sweet!!

K

Kizzy

The last several laps were nail bitting for any of the driver's fans in the running. Races don't go into overtime very often. I only caught the last 40 or so laps, after I got home this afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:

crabcake

Now this pizzes me off. :mad: all year long, they've called Jeff Gordon, Dale Sr, and other prior-year champions "Nextel Cup Champions" when in fact, they weren't ... they were Winston Cup champions. That irritated a lot of fans b/c it seemed to slam the door on Winston's face. NOW ... they're saying Kurt is the first Nextel Cup champion. :duh:

Make up your freakin' minds, Nascar! :rolleyes: