Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Cheeseburger purists: Cringe now.

The cheeseburger is flipping off the grill this summer. It's being stuffed into egg rolls and plopped atop salads at Bennigan's; layered on pizzas at Uno Chicago Grill; and — for the strong of stomach — crammed between Krispy Kreme doughnut halves at one stadium.

All in the name of making the nation's most popular entree seem new, again. Burgers have been the top entree order for 28 years, says Harry Balzer, trends watcher at NPD Group.

So, why not fuse 'em with other favorites? "If you can mix two favorites, the combination is more pleasurable than any one — as long as it's not grotesque," says Steven Witherly, a food scientist.

A doughnut and cheeseburger combo is NOT gross? :twitch:

An idea so "out there" it died in Bennigan's test kitchen: Cheeseburger Cones.

Thank goodness for small favors. :lol:

Jameo

What?!
Cheeseburger fingers. These deep-fried cheeseburger sticks, sold as appetizers in bars, restaurants and supermarkets, were created by Advance Food.

Just about anything deep fried is good :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What's so weird about cheeseburger pizza? Valentino's back in Lincoln has been making them since I was a kid.

T

tikipirate

jazz lady said:
A doughnut and cheeseburger combo is NOT gross?

It's called a Luther Burger, originally invented by Luther Vandross when he ran out of buns. I first heard about it when watching The Boondocks. Don't forget the cheddar and bacon.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
tikipirate said:
It's called a Luther Burger, originally invented by Luther Vandross when he ran out of buns. I first heard about it when watching The Boondocks. Don't forget the cheddar and bacon.

And Luther is dead now. :frown: 'Nuff said. :ohwell: