Cherokee Nation chief says it’s time for Jeep to stop using tribe’s name

Hijinx

The Cherokee is actually an SUV and the older ones are easily modified because of the great after market support. If I didn't have so much time, money, and sentiment invested in my Trail Blazer, I would consider an older Cherokee.

The CJ, which I will assume you have in mind, doesn't offer much storage space and is more of a big kid's toy. Fun for day trips, but not enough cargo space for anything but a bare bones camping trip.

Anyone who sits in the back of that thing is looking to die if it gets hit in the rear

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Grand Wagoneers are pretty cheep still
I had a '64 Grand. What a mis-mosh of parts. AMC 360 motor, GM turbo 400 tranny.... had a hell of a time getting a new motor in when I blew it up. Standard parts just didn't match up, had to make custom adapters for the flywheel and torque converter. But that thing was unstoppable, took it places I wouldn't try to walk.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I had a '64 Grand. What a mis-mosh of parts. AMC 360 motor, GM turbo 400 tranny.... had a hell of a time getting a new motor in when I blew it up. Standard parts just didn't match up, had to make custom adapters for the flywheel and torque converter.

Yes the Early Wagons were a horrific mish mash of parts .... things stabilized in the early 80's

stgislander

PREMO Member
My '95 GC is still going. It's got about 250K miles on it. If/when I decide to get rid of it, my neighbor wants first crack at it. He says he wants to drop the 5.2L V8 to drop into his Wrangler.

jrt_ms1995

The Cherokee is actually an SUV and the older ones are easily modified because of the great after market support. If I didn't have so much time, money, and sentiment invested in my Trail Blazer, I would consider an older Cherokee.

The CJ, which I will assume you have in mind, doesn't offer much storage space and is more of a big kid's toy. Fun for day trips, but not enough cargo space for anything but a bare bones camping trip.

International Scout ... Anything less, is just a car! :memories:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
One of our neighbors in Tyson's Corner had one and parked it on the street. I was riding my bike down the hill and turned my attention to yell to some friends. As I looked back to where I was going, my front tire struck his rear bumper and I face planted into the rear window. I got a broken nose for my momentary lapse of judgement.

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

Toxick

Splat
Why do I get the impression that if they changed the name to "Jeep Caucasian", that caucasians would be the only group not to be offended.

Same with Sports Teams. The "Washington Caucasians" would start World War 3

GregV814

"But maybe someday when they learn, Cherokee Nationnn will return, will return, will return...."

Paul Revere
and the Raiders

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I heard that!... This was my first one...my Cougar catamaran in foreground.. The Scout towed that catamaran from MD to Lake Lanier, GaA and back one summer.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
All along the east coast from here to Maine, there are an incredible number of Indian named towns. Long Island still has the Shinnecock tribe and many towns with Indian names. Can't imagine entire areas being renamed. I also find it pretty crappy that these Indian nations that ARE doing really well don't extend a hand to any of their "brothers" who are struggling.
A lot of the street names in CRE are Indian based. Algonquin, Tomahawk, etc