Chesapeake Church

TPD

the poor dad
Is that the church just before the 2/4 split in Sunderland? The parking lot always seems full weekday mornings. Is their coffee house that popular?

GregV814

Charlatan Bob, the rock band Capitol Hill lobbyist millionaire...

Coffee indoctrination , counselling, tithing demanding Bob???? Say it ain't so says the former member...

Grumpy

Is that the church just before the 2/4 split in Sunderland? The parking lot always seems full weekday mornings. Is their coffee house that popular?
Yeah, thats the church, not sure about the coffee house

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
After hearing Sara’s story, Robert Hahn urged Sara to not call the police. He told her the church would handle the matter.

This sounds like a page out of the RCC playbook.

black dog

Free America
How does one cancel another persons debit card?
.I once tried to close a savings and checking account with hers and my name on them...

Sorry Sir, you can take your name off and thats about it....

DannyMotorcycle

How does one cancel another persons debit card?
.I once tried to close a savings and checking account with hers and my name on them...

Sorry Sir, you can take your name off and thats about it....

It might have been an authorized user debit card on his account..

I read the story.. they didn't say they witnessed any physical abuse.. and they said the wife was previously unfaithful.. people tend to carry that anger for a long time especially without psychotherapy.. this is a poorly written 3rd party story without much info from parties 1 and 2..

i'm more inclined to be sympathetic to the party who was cheated on.. sometimes claims of abuse are actually self defense..
I would need to hear from both parties before I invest any sympathy or weighing on the probability of truthfulness.

sometimes the truth about domestic violence is that 2 a-holes got together and gave each other what they deserve..
and in that case i'd mind my business and let them carry on.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
You need to eventually let that go……
It's personal. I wasn't molested. But I was put in an awkward position when I was 14. They kicked him out of the church in 1992. 3 years ago, the guy involved was found shot to death by some dude he picked up off of craigslist. The perv never served any time but he was sued. I'm not sure who paid the money.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
There have been accusations/questions swirling around Chesapeake Church and its ministerial staff for a couple decades.

I know people who would die on the ramparts defending it and others who have left but will never discuss the reason(s) why.

The late Doug Hill was a very involved and devoted member of the church, as well as other "prominent" Calvert residents.

flowerlover

Always thought there were some shady things about this church.
Sounds similar to the Arkansas Duggar Family scandal(s). Oldest son as a teenager sexually abused his younger sisters (even under age 10) and another girl. Family and church said they would handle it internally which meant they swept it under the rug and did nothing to report it to authorities or even provide counseling for him or his victims. It was brought to light in the last few years by someone who knew details about it and an official investigation done. The son was recently convicted on several charges related to this abuse and faces sentencing I think soon. The family is part of this Gothard cult and their screwed up values and beliefs, particularly in regard to women and girls and their proper place. The girls filed a lawsuit against the publication that wrote the story, citing infringement of their privacy etc. Yet they went on TV a couple years back to talk about it. They probably got paid by TLC for the interviews and likely received nothing from the publication that ran the story. The suit was thrown out.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
They probably got paid by TLC for the interviews and likely received nothing from the publication that ran the story.
It has also recently come to light that all Duggar show and Duggar show Spin-off "Counting On" money went directly to Jim-Bob and Michelle. Their kids, the grown ones with their own families and obviously over the age of 18, didn't even know they were "getting paid". They thought it was all volunteering.

flowerlover

It has also recently come to light that all Duggar show and Duggar show Spin-off "Counting On" money went directly to Jim-Bob and Michelle. Their kids, the grown ones with their own families and obviously over the age of 18, didn't even know they were "getting paid". They thought it was all volunteering.
I think that was a big part of why one of the sons-in-law and wife sort of split from the family and were no longer showing footage of them. He realized all the money went to the patriarch and they were expected to "perform" to keep the money coming in yet the kids didn't get any or got very little of it. Really skeezy parents.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sounds similar to the Arkansas Duggar Family scandal(s). Oldest son as a teenager sexually abused his younger sisters (even under age 10) and another girl. Family and church said they would handle it internally which meant they swept it under the rug and did nothing to report it to authorities or even provide counseling for him or his victims. It was brought to light in the last few years by someone who knew details about it and an official investigation done. The son was recently convicted on several charges related to this abuse and faces sentencing I think soon. The family is part of this Gothard cult and their screwed up values and beliefs, particularly in regard to women and girls and their proper place. The girls filed a lawsuit against the publication that wrote the story, citing infringement of their privacy etc. Yet they went on TV a couple years back to talk about it. They probably got paid by TLC for the interviews and likely received nothing from the publication that ran the story. The suit was thrown out.

I knew the son was outed as a sex predator but I didn't know the rest of it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He'd been groping his sisters since he was little. They kept making him go to therapy...aka talking with another minister. Not a real therapist even.

I'ma guess he, the son, was sexually abused as well. No doubt either by his father or one of the other people in their cult.