Chesapeake Hills

willie

I would be surprised if they don't already know who did it. The course continually suffers vandalism and IMO the Police don't give it much priority. I think ½ million $ in damage might raise the priority level a bit.

The Casper Group has done wonders with the course.

Otter

Nothing to see here
mrgolf58 said:
I guess you don't remember what the course looked like before they started making the improvements. They have been trying to everything they can to make the course better and all they get is people like you knocking them down. Maybe you should think about what they are trying to do there for the citizens of Calvert County instead of being so negative!
mrgolf58 said:
Thank you for the welcome. I'm sure that you are not a very good golfer and have probably never seen a nice course and that is probably why you feel the way you do. Try going to any other golf course on a Weekend and play for less than $45. The only place you could do that is Wicomico, and that is county owned. The people of Calvert County have always tried to trash Chesapeake Hills with both their words and their actions as we've seen with the fire and your posts. Luckily there are so many great people in this county and the surrounding counties that have supported the golf course and have helped to make this past year the biggest profit earning year the course has ever seen. Have a great day and happy golfing!

KOM comments were on target, we played there 3 weeks ago and the rough was way too long, you shouldn't lose a ball for rolling off the fairway. If you weren't standing directly over the ball, you weren't going to find it. That comment is fair, whether it was about Chesapeake, Old South, Swan Point or where-ever. The pettiness of your comment "I'm sure that you are not a very good golfer and have probably never seen a nice course" is pretty telling on ya. I take it you're involved in running the course, no??

Is Chesapeake in better shape this year than last?? Yes, no doubt it is. We gave up on it last year when 1 hole was closed, 17 had a temporary green shaved into the fairway and every green was overgrown with weeds plus a half inch of sand on each and every green. I take it you would be happy to play a course in that shape??

The little bit of criticism you're seen here is minor, you would have been much better served by not taking it personal. The staff and people involved have come miles from the way things were last year, nitpicking about comments that are legit is not the way to win friends and bring more people out to the course.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
RoseRed said:
How was your cruise by Tiki this afternoon?
Was taking my 12 year old home.. and she HAS to do the island drive by!! She likes looking at all the bikes.. and asking.. Dad what kind of bike is that?

She did, however, recognize Birdman's Rockster!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
itsbob said:
Was taking my 12 year old home.. and she HAS to do the island drive by!! She likes looking at all the bikes.. and asking.. Dad what kind of bike is that?

She did, however, recognize Birdman's Rockster!

There were only a few when you went by. A lot had just left.

willie

mrgolf58 said:
Thank you for the welcome. I'm sure that you are not a very good golfer and have probably never seen a nice course and that is probably why you feel the way you do.
You might want to re-consider your attitude. If it were not for us "not very good golfers" you might be flippin burgers.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
mrgolf58 said:
I guess you don't remember what the course looked like before they started making the improvements. They have been trying to everything they can to make the course better and all they get is people like you knocking them down. Maybe you should think about what they are trying to do there for the citizens of Calvert County instead of being so negative!

Ive played the course a few times before the work was being done, and a few weeks ago...the course is not, and I repeat, IS NOT a 45.00 dollar course by any means... not when you need a 4x4 golf cart to get around..But what I dont get, is why raise your prices, and make you everyday avergae golfer pay the extra for a course that has yet to be finished.. what they should have done, was fixed their course up, and when the finally finished, then raised the price...And for 45 bucks a round, and I know there were 8 of us, Im pretty sure that buys enough gas to cut the friggin course once a week...

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Well, my wife made my reservations for my 3 day golf school next week.:getdown: She saw how devastated I was by mrgoof and his mean words...:cry: If we decide to have a SOMD fall classic (skins bye week Oct 29) maybe I'll end up a little better than -$4.00.

Agee

Mr.Goof?
After your outing, keep the boys in mind.
Always somebody up for a round.