Chessie show at Linden

devinej

How'd it go? other than COLD COLD COLD and WINDY WINDY WINDY

i missed the eq so entered evergreen instead...wanted to do the last division but the horse's ride home was leaving before then. but we got champ!:yahoo: (out of three :(

very low number of riders there...the show was over pretty early.

bosox

yeah! you are more brave then we were. the hunt was canx due to the wind and coooooolllllllldddd. Little sox was very sad but Bosox was happy!

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I was there and left after pleasure. Today was not our best day. :killingme We got a 2nd in open equitation pattern, and 2nd in w/t pleasure and 5th in wtc pleasure.

Someone(horse) didn't like the wind, or a few other things. He was happy to get on the trailer and go home.

devinej

don't blame them for canceling the hunt, bosox!! brrrrrrrrrrr

and yeppers Chevy, windy spooking was quite an issue. congrats on the eq pattern!

i had a good ride, and i don't think it was as cold as it was at the marlborough hunt club show a couple weeks ago.
though he did have a temper tantrum about leaving the indoor...i don't blame him HAHAHA too bad it was in the middle of where everyone was standing...i just had to make a scene lol....sorry to whoever we...eh hem..spun into.

covekat

Was that you on the chestnut Devinej??? I was on the naked grey horse freezing his patooty off... :) :howdy:

I think I was behind your horse when you were loading him... do I have the right person?

devinej

yep i rode a chestnut TB in the afternoon, his owner was riding him in the AM. there were quite a few gray horses there! i think the one we bumped into was clipped - was that you?? there wasn't anyone behind us when i was loading him - you might have seen his owner loading him earlier in the day though.

how did the show go for you?

covekat

My horse is Mondavi... yes, he is fully clipped... we had a good day, reserve in the schooling I think (I picked up my ribbons at the end, and couldnt hear the placings after the classes)...LOL. The person I saw loading a horse was after the last class... she was having a little trouble!

devinej

oooh was i riding against you in the ever green division?? we both won one of the over fences..............................and then waiting around for the hack to start. nope that wasn't me with the trouble loader, and the horse left earlier too.

Last edited:

covekat

Well howdy! Your horse is a very cute mover... I remember him now! My horse hated the footing, and decided to do a lot of looking into outerspace today! The funny thing is the reason I decided to go was that I was under the impression this was an indoor show!!! Not hardly!

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Wow it was a chilly day!! My girl is still nursing her injury, but might be able to get her out to the next show. Just need to find out when and where it might be?

Chevy what was up with the footing? Was it better or worse then the November show?

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Covekat did you get your martingale back? I think the owners of Country Haven were bring it to the show.:howdy:

Sorry I didn't make it over to the show today. Oldest one was sick with a temp and didn't think it would be good to bring him out in these temps. :whistle: I wanted to come see what the facilities and rings looked like.

devinej

the footing in the show ring was dissapointing. uneven footing...was hard and rocky on one long side, really deep sandy on the other long side, and sandy with rocks in the middle. the shape and size of the ring was difficult too - oval on the ends, and the riding part of the ring was smaller than the fenced in area.
the indoor had nice footing, nice dressage size place. They had one jump in there, but it was not set up.

jamesbond007

the footing in the show ring was dissapointing. uneven footing...was hard and rocky on one long side, really deep sandy on the other long side, and sandy with rocks in the middle. the shape and size of the ring was difficult too - oval on the ends, and the riding part of the ring was smaller than the fenced in area.
the indoor had nice footing, nice dressage size place. They had one jump in there, but it was not set up.

I went with a friend to the show for a few minutes, was going to stay and watch but it wasn't a very good turn out. Not very many charles county people are a fan of Linden Farms.

covekat

Covekat did you get your martingale back? I think the owners of Country Haven were bring it to the show.:howdy:

Sorry I didn't make it over to the show today. Oldest one was sick with a temp and didn't think it would be good to bring him out in these temps. :whistle: I wanted to come see what the facilities and rings looked like.

Yep, got my martingale back, but it is FUBAR... looks like the dog had a blast with it....:cds:

Good thing I'm a tack junky and have spares...LOL...No big deal really, and I do appreciate them returning it!!!!!

I am paying for going yesterday... I was already sick, and this moring my head feels like it weights 100 pounds... NICE!!!! I hope your kiddies feel better soon... both of mine are coughing, but thats about it.... hubby is whining too, fun at my house!

Chickadee1

went to go watch the chessie show in november. was yesterdays ring and facility better then country havens show? do they have a location for that show?

devinej

i'm pretty sure country havens facility was nicer than Linden Farm. not sure if they will have a january show. i think the feb. show will be at AMIT

Sparks

Boy, you guys are brave for riding in that cold wind..... I walked out to the field thinking I might ride on sunday. Willow gave me THAT look. :boxing: Like "I dare you to try and take this blanket off me!" Then she took off. I figured I'd skip riding sunday. :whistle: