Chevy Blazer = Sexy Mom Car

Homer J

Power Chord
Looks like the Ford Escape and the Toyota Rav 4 and Honda CRV and Hyundai Santa Fe and Mazda CX-5 and Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross and Nissan Murano and you get the idea. They all look alike.

Chevy had an opportunity to base this on the Colorado and make it a real SUV instead of a crossover. But, they blew it.

Grumpy

Looks like the Ford Escape and the Toyota Rav 4 and Honda CRV and Hyundai Santa Fe and Mazda CX-5 and Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross and Nissan Murano and you get the idea. They all look alike.

Chevy had an opportunity to base this on the Colorado and make it a real SUV instead of a crossover. But, they blew it.

Sorta like NASCAR nowadays.

glhs837

Power with Control

Unless your name starts with Jeep or Range Rover, you cant sell "real" SUVs, by which I think you mean body on frame?

glhs837

Power with Control
Agreed, inital hardware peeks look prmising. Ranger based, Has Jeep as a target. If they target Cherokee Trailhawk off-road capability, it should be pretty good.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Yes, they've come a long way.
I'd rather have this one.

glhs837

Power with Control
Toyota sells quite few 4 Runners.

They do, but only comparatively. Only reason a vehicle with sales that low hangs on is that it's cheap to make, and the profit margin is yuuuuuuggggeee.

Wrangler - 240,000 units
$runner - 139,000 units
Cherokee - 240,000
Grand Cherokee - 224,000
RAV4 - 427.000 UNITS

PeoplesElbow

They do, but only comparatively. Only reason a vehicle with sales that low hangs on is that it's cheap to make, and the profit margin is yuuuuuuggggeee.

Wrangler - 240,000 units
$runner - 139,000 units
Cherokee - 240,000
Grand Cherokee - 224,000
RAV4 - 427.000 UNITS
I do believe that it shares a lot in common with the Tacoma, that has to help. 245,000 units in 2018

It took the RAV4 10 years tp break 100k units/year btw.
http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-data/toyota/toyota-rav4/

stgislander

PREMO Member
I knew it was only a matter of time until Mahk took a shot. (You can bail out at the 2:45 mark because it becomes an ad for a video game.)

Note to Ford: Don't do this to the Bronco.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't really understand why they retool these cars. Why not just introduce a new model rather than hose up the old one?

My beef is that the newer Rav4s put the spare tire in the cargo area rather than on the back where it won't take up precious space. What was the point of that, besides to be stupid?

Clem72

Sorta like NASCAR nowadays.

Why would NASCAR base anything on the Chevy Colorado?