Chewy.com

SailorGirl

You've probably seen the commercials - it's a pet company. My son purchased two bags of senior dog food from them awhile back - special formula for overweight dogs at $94.00 a bag. His much loved black lab died last Wednesday and during the course of erasing the bad memories, he called the company, explained the situation to them, and asked if he could return the unopened bags. The company refunded his money and asked him to donate the bags to a local shelter. Pretty decent huh? Well today he received a dozen roses from the company expressing their sympathies for his loss. I'm beyond words.

wubbles

Chewy goes above and beyond. I had a can of food break open during delivery and they refunded me for the can (as one would expect). A few days later I got a hand written note from the customer service representative that helped me which referenced a lot of little details from our chat (like pet names). I also got a hand written letter from them on Christmas. I can't imagine how long that takes because other people I know that use their service get hand written letters too. It's memorable, that's for sure.

SailorGirl

Chewy goes above and beyond. I had a can of food break open during delivery and they refunded me for the can (as one would expect). A few days later I got a hand written note from the customer service representative that helped me which referenced a lot of little details from our chat (like pet names). I also got a hand written letter from them on Christmas. I can't imagine how long that takes because other people I know that use their service get hand written letters too. It's memorable, that's for sure.
Nice - I don't know who started their company but it sounds like they've mastered great customer service - think I'll research that a little, I'm curious.

PeoplesElbow

The GF orders canned cat food from there because it is so much cheaper than anywhere else. Some of the cans were dented and she won't feed that to her cat thinking that it could have bacteria in it, she contacts them and they more than replace the dented cans. Even if they didn't replace the dented cans and they were thrown away the cost is still quite a bit cheaper on a per can basis.

I also enjoy not having to bother at the store with the cat food and litter. If they only scooped the poop for you too.

TCROW

Been using them for a while for food for our Malinois pair. While we’ve never had an issue which requires engaging their customer service, everything about them suggests it’s nothing less than great. Glad to hear.

littlelady

God bless the USA
We love Chewy, SG. A couple years ago, we ordered a dog food storage bin that was labeled as would hold a 15# bag. It didn’t. They sent us the next size up, no charge, and told us to donate the too small one. Chewy is awesome!

nutz

A lot of other companies could take notes. Quite a few dont even answer the phone much less go way beyond like that.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
My friend lost a senior cat and her senior dog within 2 weeks recently. Chewy sent her roses and hand written cards as well. We were all so touched.

SailorGirl

My friend lost a senior cat and her senior dog within 2 weeks recently. Chewy sent her roses and hand written cards as well. We were all so touched.
That had to be tough but the condolences so thoughtful. I've really never heard of anything like that before; I'm still blown away.

RodRugg

All's I can say is do not be confused with chewedup.com. That company nearly disastered my grandma's pelican birds with cheap food and vitamins and dangerous nesting materials. Just because somebody says they have everything you need to take care of a animal does not mean you should go get that animal for a pet. Pelican birds are impossible to take care of and will destroy everything around if they get cornered or get put in a box full of fiberglass.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Ordered some stuff for the kittens from Chewy. I got a $15 off coupon in the mail so I thought I would give them a try. I am trying to save some money in the beginning since there will be many expenses with such small ones. Same reason why I will be taking them to Calvert Well Pet instead of Solomons for their vaccines and spay/neuter.

Blister

I have nothing but respect for Chewy. We took in a couple of rescue kittens, and ordered a pet watering fountain with filters, not cheap. They shipped two. When I called they also told us to keep them or donate. We donated one to a grateful rescue org.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
While the big box online stores do offer their stock at much lower prices - I think the personalized service iof a small business is worth a little extra money. Not to take away from any online / big box company doing great things for their customers - but now's a great time to support the locally owned businesses, I think!

Just my .02. :sshrug:

DoWhat

Oink, Oink
PREMO Member
While the big box online stores do offer their stock at much lower prices - I think the personalized service iof a small business is worth a little extra money. Not to take away from any online / big box company doing great things for their customers - but now's a great time to support the locally owned businesses, I think!

Sorry, but saving a few bucks is worth it to me.
Especially when you have to fork out big bucks for vet visits.
We spent $450 on a cat yesterday.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I understsand. :huggy: Owning pets can be expensive, as well as very heartbreaking when their health is failing.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

I agree with both of you. I have been to Pepper's a few times when I needed something in a pinch. Like when my cat was suffering constipation and needed a laxative. But I have always found the store to be hard to find stuff in. Plus I prefer shopping online as it helps to prevents impulse buying.

We haven't had kittens in 16 years so we didn't have the needed supplies and like having a newborn, things get expensive. Especially vaccines and the surgery to get them fixed. Cost cutting helps where it can be found.

black dog

Free America

Im with you, I Prime alot. But I Prime what I cant get locally. If folks dont buy local soon their will not be local.