Chewy.com

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I'm sure I dealt with Buddy many times until the Yates Sold Out .........
Partco was the go to for parts for the older stuff I was driving ..... 72 Chevy PU, 84 Bronco .....

that and M&S For VW Parts on 5 near Pika Drive [a bicycle place now I think]

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
PREMO Member
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'm sure I dealt with Buddy many times until the Yates Sold Out .........
Partco was the go to for parts for the older stuff I was driving ..... 72 Chevy PU, 84 Bronco .....

that and M&S For VW Parts on 5 near Pika Drive [a bicycle place now I think]
Buddy Yates, that was his name! He looked like he was straight out of a 50s with his slicked back hair. M&S was my second home for clutch packs for my bugs when I started reading Hot VWs and turning everything into a Baja 500 racer. Those 009s, truck tires and dual Kadrons put a hurting on clutch plates. I remember taking my buddy's Honda 750 up there to get a throw out bearing and clutch plate before the helmet laws were enacted. "I don't no stinking helmet." Hell, I didn't even have an MC license. Ah, to be young, broke, and stupid again...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Ah, to be young, broke, and stupid again...

The enjoyment and cost savings of doing your own wrenching ...... Peek Performance was my other GO To in the mid 2000's I think they are gone now as well

how many Bug Out's @ Old Dominion Speedway did you go to ?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
PREMO Member
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The enjoyment and cost savings of doing your own wrenching ...... Peek Performance was my other GO To in the mid 2000's I think they are gone now as well

how many Bug Out's @ Old Dominion Speedway did you go to ?
None. I talked the talk, but never walked the walk. I wish I could go back and change that. I was trying to survive on a computer operator's salary, building light shows, and sharing an abandoned farmhouse with the lead guitarist in a go nowhere band (and courting the missus at the same time). Man, how life changed in the next 5 years. New jobs, marriage, and the first of the greatest two accomplishments of my life were born. I haven't owned a bug/bus since 1986, but I've got a 1973 Super waiting to be brought home when the stars finally align. It'll never be a show car, but I miss the smell of the horsehair seat padding and the whiff of colitas from the glove box. Good times, good times..

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
None. I talked the talk, but never walked the walk.
I only made it a few times ......

I haven't owned a bug/bus since 1986, but I've got a 1973 Super waiting to be brought home when the stars finally align. It'll never be a show car, but I miss the smell of the horsehair seat padding and the whiff of colitas from the glove box. Good times, good times..
:yay:

My last bug is stuck in a shed ... a 69 Baja .... needs the sheet metal under the rear window replaced ... that whole package shelf

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Anyone get their pet's prescriptions from Chewy? Any complaints? I saw that cat flea/tick meds are $20 less through Chewy than our vet.

Blister

Buddy Yates, that was his name! He looked like he was straight out of a 50s with his slicked back hair. M&S was my second home for clutch packs for my bugs when I started reading Hot VWs and turning everything into a Baja 500 racer. Those 009s, truck tires and dual Kadrons put a hurting on clutch plates. I remember taking my buddy's Honda 750 up there to get a throw out bearing and clutch plate before the helmet laws were enacted. "I don't no stinking helmet." Hell, I didn't even have an MC license. Ah, to be young, broke, and stupid again...
That was Buddy Rollins, he was a pleasure to work with and he had a lot of customers that did not want to deal with anyone else.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
PREMO Member
Ad Free Experience
Patron
That was Buddy Rollins, he was a pleasure to work with and he had a lot of customers that did not want to deal with anyone else.
You are correct. I asked Mommy Dearest after I posted and she corrected me. I thought I went back and changed it. Buddy was (is?) a good guy, even in the eyes of a little kid. I don't keep up with the family like I should.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Anyone get their pet's prescriptions from Chewy? Any complaints? I saw that cat flea/tick meds are $20 less through Chewy than our vet.
I tried to get flea/tick meds from Chewy. My vet called to give me the talk about how they can't guarantee that Chewy stores the meds properly :blahblah: . They said they'd approve my request to have Chewy send me the flea/tick meds. Fast forward a week or two and I am getting emails from Chewy saying they can't get the approval from the vet after repeatedly trying. Guess my vet really wants the extra $20 and is making me get the stuff from them. :rolleyes:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Any meds bought at the vet is always WAY overpriced.
I know. That is why I wanted to get them from Chewy but it seems the vet is holding me hostage. I tried years ago to get stuff from 1-800-Pet Meds and they flat out refused that.

Grumpy

Wife uses an organic spray on our animals. She makes it up out of something, smells like pine trees but definitely does the job.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Wife uses an organic spray on our animals. She makes it up out of something, smells like pine trees but definitely does the job.
The stuff I wanted to get treats fleas, ticks, heartworm, roundworm, ear mites, and hookworms. Plus I can't imagine how the kittens would react if I tried to spray something on them. :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The stuff I wanted to get treats fleas, ticks, heartworm, roundworm, ear mites, and hookworms. Plus I can't imagine how the kittens would react if I tried to spray something on them. :lol:
Check with Well Pet Clinic. That's where I buy the flea stuff.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Looks like the Well Pet Clinic in SMC is different than the one in Calvert. The one in Calvert doesn't offer that sort of stuff. The one in SMC doesn't offer the type of medicine I want. :ohwell: I still plan on taking the kittens to the one in Calvert for their spay/neuter though.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Looks like the Well Pet Clinic in SMC is different than the one in Calvert. The one in Calvert doesn't offer that sort of stuff. The one in SMC doesn't offer the type of medicine I want. :ohwell: I still plan on taking the kittens to the one in Calvert for their spay/neuter though.
you might want to call and see.

MefromNY

I know. That is why I wanted to get them from Chewy but it seems the vet is holding me hostage. I tried years ago to get stuff from 1-800-Pet Meds and they flat out refused that.
I use the Well Pet Clinic for pet meds, no issues except the clinic is slow to respond to Chewy (clinic doesn't carry Revolution, kitty's flea/ tick/heartworm med). Clinic also specified that they refuse to do business with 1 800 Pet Meds. Now I'm curious about the reasoning behind their decision...