Chicago Little League Team Stripped of US Championship

b23hqb

PREMO Member
The Chicago LL team that "won" the US side of the tournament in 2014 was stripped of their title and disqualified for having illegal players on their roster.

Sad for the kids having to pay for the cheating of their adults.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/1...jackie-robinson-west-championship-team-title/

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/12/s...baseball-is-better-viewed-from-afar.html?_r=0

And, of course, the obligatory "racial angle" has surfaced as well:

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015...-race-could-be-part-of-little-league-scandal/

Cheating is cheating, regardless of whatever colored glasses one may be wearing.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
The first thing I thought when I saw this yesterday was where's Al. A few hours later, there's Jesse Jackson screaming racism.

mamatutu

mama to two
Our family has always been big into baseball; coaching, school teams, local team, travel team, etc. We have discussed this story. What kind of message does that send to the kids on both teams? Sad for all involved. Some coaches need to grow up, and show a good example to these kids. The sport(s) should be about the kids, not the egotistical coaches. Sports are a microcosm of life, and a good way to teach kids how to compete/be part of a team in life. Sadly, we see this crap in professional sports, too.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
The first thing I thought when I saw this yesterday was where's Al. A few hours later, there's Jesse Jackson screaming racism.

Well, Jessie being from Chicago, probably helped gerrymander the boundaries to make things fair.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jesse-jackson-race-factor-chicago-little-league-cheating-call/

I love this comment from one of the mothers:

"We had to provide birth certificates, proof of schools, light bills, so we had to prove our residency in order to join the team," Jackie Robinson West parent Venisa Green said before Wednesday's decision.

Heck don't the rest of us have to do the same thing to register our kids in school, renew our drivers licenses, etc?

And Jessie's closing remark:

Jackson called on the Las Vegas team to not accept its newly awarded championship, saying the team "did not earn" it.

Now, that's the pot calling the kettle whatever.

"Did not earn it".:killingme

Last edited:

Grumpy

I would think it's pretty blatant if Little League disqualified them. They had to know the chit-storm it would raise and probably probed every angle they could to avoid disqualifying them.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I just don't get why it's okay to break the rules then scream racism when you get caught. What does that teach the kids? And now there are more spouting off about how young black men are treated bad. It's not because you're black, it's because the stupid adults broke the rules. How hard is that to understand?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I just don't get why it's okay to break the rules then scream racism when you get caught. What does that teach the kids? And now there are more spouting off about how young black men are treated bad. It's not because you're black, it's because the stupid adults broke the rules. How hard is that to understand?

Not hard at all to understand, but it is just racist to even think about understanding.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I just don't get why it's okay to break the rules then scream racism when you get caught.

They made the claims when the team from New York was caught using 14 year old players. They cried that the only reason they were DQed was because they were Hispanic.

mamatutu

mama to two
This whole situation is nauseating. Just add it to the list of nauseating events, and the racism by the side that loves to call racism at every turn. One sided, anyone? It is a wonder that we are not walking around continuously barfing because of the hypocrisy of it all. I, for one, feel nauseated quite a bit. But, I still keep up with the news. :dead: