Chicago Style Pizza

Toxick

Splat
Is there anywhere in SoMD you can actually get one of these?

I'm not talking a Little Caesars' or Pizza Hut's "Deep Dish" - I'm talking about an actual 7 lbs pie with cheese and a 12 inch slab of meat in it with the sauce on top? A real actual Chicago style pizza?

For that matter? Can you get a bonafide NY Style pizza around here?

I enjoy a good Ledo pizza or 3 Brothers, but I'm in the mood for an actual Chicago Pizza.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Can't say I've ever had a genuine Chicago style. The only Neapolitan pie that comes close to a NY/NJ is near Charlottesville, VA, and the crust just isn't quite the same. The Hudson River water really does make a difference.

phreddyp

I'm not talking a Little Caesars' or Pizza Hut's "Deep Dish" - I'm talking about an actual 7 lbs pie with cheese and a 12 inch slab of meat in it with the sauce on top? A real actual Chicago style pizza?

I enjoy a good Ledo pizza or 3 Brothers, but I'm in the mood for an actual Chicago Pizza.
Then order one , if Benjamin Franklin Pierce can order ribs and have them sent to South Korea ordering a pie from Chicago should be a piece of cake.

Lump

I haven't ordered from this web site yet, but all of it looks really good. Last week they had a sale on the deep dish pizza. Buy 3 get 2 free. It came out to $17.00 per pizza which I thought was pretty good.

black dog

Free America
Let me clarify my original question....

When I said:

What I actually meant was: "Is there a restaurant in Southern Maryland where I can order one of these, have it cooked for me by a trained professional, and brought to a table where I'm sitting with my family."

Sorry for the ambiguity.

Nope, and its interesting that some think The Hudson is in Chicago.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I hesitate to suggest this because I know I'll be met with hoots of derision....

...but.....

....let me gather my courage.....

....almost there.....

(cough)

Pizza Hut has a Detroit style pizza that is terrific and quite similar to a Chicago deep dish.

(runs away and hides)

stgislander

PREMO Member
I hesitate to suggest this because I know I'll be met with hoots of derision....

...but.....

....almost there.....

(cough)

Pizza Hut has a Detroit style pizza that is terrific and quite similar to a Chicago deep dish.

(runs away and hides)
Is that really a thing? (No, I don't want to bother to look it up.)

Toxick

Splat

stgislander

PREMO Member
So there is a style of pizza (that's not just been invented within the past 20 years) that is unique to Detroit. Interesting.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So there is a style of pizza (that's not just been invented within the past 20 years) that is unique to Detroit. Interesting.

At least theirs is actually good. There's a thing called "Old Forge pizza" that's popular in central PA and it's quite literally the worst thing you will ever eaten. Even if you've eaten balut before.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

...but.....

....almost there.....

(cough)

(runs away and hides)
My husband grew up in Detroit and said that isn't a thing there so he has no idea where Pizza Hut got the idea that it was a "Detroit style pizza".

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
At least theirs is actually good. There's a thing called "Old Forge pizza" that's popular in central PA and it's quite literally the worst thing you will ever eaten. Even if you've eaten balut before.
I had pizza in Minneapolis, and it was the worst thing ever. Cracker crust and awful toppings, about 5" across. That was their idea of a large pizza.

Clem72

Best Chicago style deep dish I ever had was at Old Chicago Pizzaria in Petaluma, California. Place is on the second floor of an 1800s brothel (still has the original decor), while the bottom floor is a magic shop / marionette & puppet maker.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I went to Gulliver's in Chicago quite a few years ago. I still recall that as being about the best pizza I'd ever wrapped my lips around.