Chick a Fil Phenomenon

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell says his company’s pillow sales remain “strong” after bucking the David Hogg-led boycott of Fox News’ “The Ingraham Angle.”

“MyPillow sales are strong. I am blessed to have loyal customers and grateful for all the support,” Lindell said in a Monday statement to The Daily Caller.

[clip]

Many Hogg supporters upset at Lindell’s decision called on like-minded individuals to boycott My Pillow, using the Twitter hashtag #BoycottMyPillow.

As it happens, conservatives have money too, and flooded sites like The Daily Caller with comments like these below:

“I just called the 800 number 2 hours ago and bought My Pillows, and congratulated the company for not bowing down to liberal lunacy. I told them that standing up and keeping My Pillow ads on Ingraham’s show was the reason I finally decided to buy from them.”

After My Pillow Doesn’t Abandon Laura Ingraham, Customers Reward Company With Strong Sales

... that reminds me, I need some new pillows

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Chick a Fil :twitch:

you don't like

Waffle_fries.png

Chris0nllyn

This is certainly the company I'd want as a shining example.

Based on a pattern of complaints from consumers, a Better Business Bureau of Minnesota and North Dakota (BBB) advertising challenge, and a government action taken by California state agencies, Better Business Bureau of Minnesota and North Dakota's Board of Directors revoked MyPillow’s BBB Accreditation on December 15. Subsequently, the company’s BBB rating was lowered to an F.
Other issues BBB brought to MyPillow’s attention were:
•“As Seen on TV” claims are sometimes listed on MyPillow boxes where the content is NOT the same as seen on the company’s TV ads. The company has made an effort to remove this, but it can still be seen on third party seller packaging (Walmart, Target, etc.).
• Photos of MyPillow on some boxes show the premium, gusseted pillow, when the box actually holds their standard pillow. The company has made an effort to correct this, but it can still be seen on some third party seller packaging.
•Claims of offering a “full warranty” when the warranty was not full (customers need to pay a fee to return the pillow).
•A pattern of complaints filed against MyPillow has been identified by BBB regarding customers’ understanding of the buy one/get one free offer. A substantial number of the 232 complaints filed against the company regard confusion on the offer.
https://www.bbb.org/minnesota/news-events/news-releases/2017/01/mypillow-bbb-accreditation-revoked/

But Lindell may be tossing and turning a bit these nights, after his company agreed to pay $1.1 million to New York, which alleged that My Pillow had knowingly failed to collect sales tax on pillows sold to sleepy New Yorkers.
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/new...11-million-in-unpaid-ny-sales-tax-081716.html

The lawsuit, joined by eight other California counties, alleged that MyPillow “knew or reasonably should have known” that the marketing claims were likely to mislead consumers.
As part of the California agreement, MyPillow must stop making claims it can't substantiate and must also pay $995,000 in civil penalties and give $100,000 to homeless and domestic violence shelters in the state.
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/new...st-in-settling-california-lawsuit-110116.html

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is certainly the company I'd want as a shining example.

Let me clue you in to what you're missing:

Just as a segment of our society will refuse to buy from a company because they don't like where they advertise, there are others who will support that company based on their courage in flipping the finger to the Leftists.

You, because you're a Leftist at heart, of course will do as you're told. Your handlers tell you git and do, and you can't move fast enough.

Others will resist your heavy-handed tactics and tell you to piss up a rope.

'Murca! :patriot:

You *say* you're all about freedom, and then you get bent out of shape because someone won't join your little fascist boycott. That, my friend, is hilarity.

Chris0nllyn

Let me clue you in to what you're missing:

Just as a segment of our society will refuse to buy from a company because they don't like where they advertise, there are others who will support that company based on their courage in flipping the finger to the Leftists.

You, because you're a Leftist at heart, of course will do as you're told. Your handlers tell you git and do, and you can't move fast enough.

Others will resist your heavy-handed tactics and tell you to piss up a rope.

'Murca! :patriot:

You *say* you're all about freedom, and then you get bent out of shape because someone won't join your little fascist boycott. That, my friend, is hilarity.

For someone who constantly talks about transporter and a potential mental illness, you sure have no problem making an entire post up out of thin air not relating, at all, to the post you're replying to.

For someone who claims they don't follow the whims of the media, you sure give a ton of ####s about some random woman's show's advertisers.

Personally, I don't know who this woman is, don't care, I've never seen her show, nor give two giant ####s what her advertisers do. Me, being the freedom lover and believer that I am, believe that private companies can decide who and/or what to spend their money on.

You see, the point of my post wasn't to join or even advocate a "little fascist boycott" (says the woman who evidently doesn't understand the freedom companies have to spend their own money, all while making a dig at me believing in *gasp* freedom), just to point out the stupidity of pointing out this comapany (My Pillow) as being the shining example of a great company that stuck around as an advertiser. I know you can have a rational conversation with someone that disagrees with you (you did it with Toxic), but for some reason, anger has taken over you and you can't help yourself from tossing in an irrelevant post aimed at someone you don't like based on their political comments on a web forum.

I hope you find some level of happiness in your life so you don't have so much pent up anger and distaste for an anonymous person and their opinions that feel the need to make things up in your head about them.

MiddleGround

I know you can have a rational conversation with someone that disagrees with you (you did it with Toxic), but for some reason, anger has taken over you and you can't help yourself from tossing in an irrelevant post aimed at someone you don't like based on their political comments on a web forum.

I hope you find some level of happiness in your life so you don't have so much pent up anger and distaste for an anonymous person and their opinions that feel the need to make things up in your head about them.

P.S. This is the forum administrator and moderator that is being discussed. Let that sink in!

Now... sit back and enjoy all of the "If you don't like it here.. leave!" comments

:oldman:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I know you can have a rational conversation with someone that disagrees with you (you did it with Toxic),

I wonder... Since Toxic isn't one of the ones coming off as some rude, pompous, sanctimonious douche, perhaps that may have something to do with it.

Just a thought.

MiddleGround

I wonder... Since Toxic isn't one of the ones coming off as some rude, pompous, sanctimonious douche, perhaps that may have something to do with it.

Just a thought.

I don't see Chris as being any of those. What I see is that he does not share the same views as the person in question. Around here, that typically gets met with immediate defensiveness and rudeness. Unless, of course, it is a view shared by someone that is buddies, pals, friends, with vraiblonde or has been on here since the dawn of time. Then, they may get a pass.

There are multiple people on here who do nothing but add insults to topics. A few get the wrath while others get a pass. It's not like it is a hidden thing.

Chris0nllyn

Just a thought.

In other words,

"I don't like people that have a different opinion about a ####ing pillow company because I took a post about a ####ing pillow company to mean the author is a rude, pompous, sanctimonious douche and we don't don't like that! But we elected Trump because he's a rude, pompous, sanctimonious douche that tells it like it is!"

For a group of supposed adults, you sure get whiney when someone says something you don't agree with.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
For someone who claims they don't follow the whims of the media, you sure give a ton of ####s about some random woman's show's advertisers.

There's another point you're missing. I give zero craps about Laura Ingraham specifically; I care very much about free speech, free press, and the ability to present opposing viewpoints. You should, too, Mr. "Libertarian".

It's also not about companies spending their money where they wish; it's about companies being politically pressured to defund that which the Leftists deem "unacceptable". And that's some Orwellian #### right there.

If you were a real libertarian, that would scare the crap out of you and you'd be railing against it.

I note that not only does it not disturb you, you support it.

And that's really all I need to know about your political leanings.

You little freedom lover, you. :cheekpinch: (But only if it's the *right* kind of freedom, eh? :wink: )

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I don't see Chris as being any of those. What I see is that he does not share the same views as the person in question. Around here, that typically gets met with immediate defensiveness and rudeness. Unless, of course, it is a view shared by someone that is buddies, pals, friends, with vraiblonde or has been on here since the dawn of time. Then, they may get a pass.

There are multiple people on here who do nothing but add insults to topics. A few get the wrath while others get a pass. It's not like it is a hidden thing.

It's true. But it's also true that "those" are only rude to the douchebags and their MPDs that behave that way to start.

If you are one of the descent, respectful, polite posters I'm sure they are too.

Funny how that works.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Just a thought.

Good thought. :yay:

Tox also doesn't talk out both sides of his mouf, insisting that he is one thing when his every post indicates he is the exact opposite.

So now the tard pile begins. :lol:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
In other words,

"I don't like people that have a different opinion ...
For a group of supposed adults, you sure get whiney when someone says something you don't agree with.

Bull####. Using your own example, I've disagreed with Toxic a couple times. We may not agree but we both had our say and I'm pretty sure it didn't come down to name-calling, snide remarks or whiny passive-aggressive comments.

Polite disagreements with Black Dog and Hijinx too if memory serves me.

Chris0nllyn

There's another point you're missing. I give zero craps about Laura Ingraham specifically; I care very much about free speech, free press, and the ability to present opposing viewpoints. You should, too, Mr. "Libertarian".

It's also not about companies spending their money where they wish; it's about companies being politically pressured to defund that which the Leftists deem "unacceptable". And that's some Orwellian #### right there.

If you were a real libertarian, that would scare the crap out of you and you'd be railing against it.

I note that not only does it not disturb you, you support it.

And that's really all I need to know about your political leanings.

You little freedom lover, you. :cheekpinch: (But only if it's the *right* kind of freedom, eh? :wink: )

So, in other words, a libertarian should be mad that a govt. is NOT forcing a company to do something? :confused: I don't think you understand how libertarianism works.

If companies are willing to pull advertisements from a place/company/site/TV/etc. over (non)offensive comments about a teenager who put himself in the spotlight, that's on them. Who pressures which side has no bearing as it's not the govt. doing it. And also has nothing to do with Orwell. It's absolutely no different than the people calling for the boycott of the NFL for players kneeling.

You didn't care about players kneeling, but you seem to care an awful lot about a few companies voluntarily pulling advertising from a show you also don't care about.

Nothing, absolutely nothing, indicates this is a free speech or press issue. This is about a number of companies not willing to have the backbone to remotely touch a controversial topic.