Chick a Fil Phenomenon

Chris0nllyn

Bull####. Using your own example, I've disagreed with Toxic a couple times. We may not agree but we both had our say and I'm pretty sure it didn't come down to name-calling, snide remarks or whiny passive-aggressive comments.

Polite disagreements with Black Dog and Hijinx too if memory serves me.

I've also had polite disagreements with folks (This Person, Vrai, Tox, Psy, and others), but when certain people do, in fact, name call or offer snide (or often completely disgraceful) comments, why on earth should I do the same to them? Why are you expecting people to do something you're not willing to do yourself? Then, getting upset when someone does what you do? You're a hypocrite that can't take what you dish out. Get yourself some coloring books and puppies, snowflake.

We can have a disagreement, when folks are willing to acknowledge that other people may disagree with them.

Just a reminder that this all started because the My Pillow comapny pointed out in the OP for being this great company for NOT pulling advertisements is actually a ####ty company with a ####ty product (my opinion, of course), but Vrai just couldn't help herself in (incorrectly) assuming that by pointing out the ####ty-ness of My Pillow, that I'm somehow involved in this boycott.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Just a reminder that this all started because the My Pillow comapny pointed out in the OP for being this great company for NOT pulling advertisements is actually a ####ty company with a ####ty product (my opinion, of course), but Vrai just couldn't help herself in (incorrectly) assuming that by pointing out the ####ty-ness of My Pillow, that I'm somehow involved in this boycott.

Why else would you take the time to look up all those sources and post them? What other possible reason could there be that you want to get pissy and go to the mat over a freaking pillow company? I'd say who cares about a damn pillow company, but you clearly care very much.

Now, I know damn well you're smart enough to understand what I'm saying. And you know damn well I'm smart enough to not fall for your doublespeak and feigned innocence. Can we PLEASE dispense with the dishonesty?

MiddleGround

It's true. But it's also true that "those" are only rude to the douchebags and their MPDs that behave that way to start.

If you are one of the descent, respectful, polite posters I'm sure they are too.

Funny how that works.

Excluding "transporter."

I have seen those with opposing views post their thoughts, links, etc. on here only to be immediately met with insults and "douchebag" comments by some of the "all day-ers." These people did not start the threads or comments with insulting remarks but, they were met with them.

I have also seen some of the "all day-ers" post their thoughts and, when an opposing viewpoint was expressed, out came the 'buddies' to ridicule and pile-on.

It has nothing to do with what you are saying and EVERYTHING to do with falling lock-step with the hive.. or else!

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Don't be painting all Libertarians with the same brush. ( I saw what you posted to Nebraska. ) :lol:

####ing liars. I hate that. I hope with all my heart there is a special place in Hell for these groups that sucker people in with ideological bait and switch.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So, in other words, a libertarian should be mad that a govt. is NOT forcing a company to do something?

That's right out of the Leftist playbook. A complete and perfect strawman. Good job! Your handlers must be so proud.

PS, you already know that when you start your posts that way I'm not going to read any further. I can only presume that was your goal.

MiddleGround

Why else would you take the time to look up all those sources and post them?

Maybe because, unlike some people that claim to all the time, he actually does research and look for his own sources?

What other possible reason could there be that you want to get pissy and go to the mat over a freaking pillow company? I'd say who cares about a damn pillow company, but you clearly care very much.

You also added to the fire. Maybe you could assist chris with answering this?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maybe because, unlike some people that claim to all the time, he actually does research and look for his own sources?

You also added to the fire. Maybe you could assist chris with answering this?

I'm sorry, who was talking to you again?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Excluding "transporter."

I have seen those with opposing views post their thoughts, links, etc. on here only to be immediately met with insults and "douchebag" comments by some of the "all day-ers." These people did not start the threads or comments with insulting remarks but, they were met with them.

I have also seen some of the "all day-ers" post their thoughts and, when an opposing viewpoint was expressed, out came the 'buddies' to ridicule and pile-on.

It has nothing to do with what you are saying and EVERYTHING to do with falling lock-step with the hive.. or else!

Please provide the "polite, opposing view poster" that was met with "Douchebag" that didn't deserve it.

MiddleGround

Please provide the "polite, opposing view poster" that was met with "Douchebag" that didn't deserve it.

I have seen Sapidus and Midnightrider make posts that were containing their viewpoints and opinions. Immediately met with insults and snide remarks. It is not uncommon.

In fact, multiple times I have seen where you have popped into a thread only to leave a turd. Everyone does it. It is NOT just the people that YOU think are "bad" or "trolls."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

MiddleGround inserts himself and chases me around to pick fights all the time. I rarely respond to him, and yet he has spent pretty much his whole day today yapping at my heels. This thread, for example, where he's decided to insert himself into mine and Chris's disagreement to make a bunch of petty remarks, even though Chris certainly doesn't need his help.

Maybe he's talking about himself. :shrug:

MiddleGround

MiddleGround inserts himself and chases me around to pick fights all the time. I rarely respond to him, and yet he has spent pretty much his whole day today yapping at my heels. This thread, for example, where he's decided to insert himself into mine and Chris's disagreement to make a bunch of petty remarks, even though Chris certainly doesn't need his help.

Maybe he's talking about himself. :shrug:

What you call "petty remarks" are astonishingly similar to what others call pointing out hypocritical double speak.

And, don't flatter yourself about following you. You make more comments on here than anyone else on this board except for maybe GURPS so, its not like anyone has to dig far to find you :doh:

Sapidus

:dingding:
I have seen Sapidus and Midnightrider make posts that were containing their viewpoints and opinions. Immediately met with insults and snide remarks. It is not uncommon.

In fact, multiple times I have seen where you have popped into a thread only to leave a turd. Everyone does it. It is NOT just the people that YOU think are "bad" or "trolls."

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Both come to the forums name calling and in no way deserving of a polite respectful response.

They have both been that way for years, Sappy under various pseudonyms. Don't think they'll ever earn that kind of response.

Dropped a turd in a thread huh? :lmao: I'm not saying youre not correct, just asking... Such as?

Chris0nllyn

Why else would you take the time to look up all those sources and post them? What other possible reason could there be that you want to get pissy and go to the mat over a freaking pillow company? I'd say who cares about a damn pillow company, but you clearly care very much.

Now, I know damn well you're smart enough to understand what I'm saying. And you know damn well I'm smart enough to not fall for your doublespeak and feigned innocence. Can we PLEASE dispense with the dishonesty?

You can start by acknowledging the fact that;
1). I didn't start a thread about a pillow company.
2). A single google search results in plenty of information. In particular, one Consumer Reports article links to all three BBB and tax issues My Pillow has endured that I posted.

I'm incredibly sorry that you feel that taking the time to provide research (albeit a very short Google search and copy-paste job) is a big enough deal that YOU felt the need to jump in and paint me as being a part of this "boycott" for pointing out the ####ty-ness of My Pillow (in a thread about it, that I didn't start, yet am being chastised for providing info about), but that doesn't make your posts any more correct.

And no, I don't know what you're saying because you start off by posting false information about me based on a made-up assumption in your head. You've now moved on past that when pointed out how idiotic it was, and we're at the point where you feel the need to insert your superiority complex by acting like any of my posts in this thread have been dishonest.

In the future, in order to prevent making incorrect assumptions and making incredibly ridiculous (yet funny) statements like "Can we PLEASE dispense with the dishonesty?", try ASKING what I mean. Try asking what my stance is on a subject. And most of all, try reading my posts without that little voice in your head saying "I don't want to read what he types, but I just KNOW it's something I don't like".

I know, I know, crazy right? Enough people on the forum make assumptions about each other that it's just second nature.

That's right out of the Leftist playbook. A complete and perfect strawman. Good job! Your handlers must be so proud.

PS, you already know that when you start your posts that way I'm not going to read any further. I can only presume that was your goal.

What strawman? Do you know that definition?

Libertarians do not believe in government intervening in businesses. You're mad that I, as a libertarian/Libertarian, am not more upset that the govt. didn't step in? What universe does that make sense in?

You won't read it anyway, so what's the problem?

Last edited: