Chick a Fil Phenomenon

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Libertarians do not believe in government intervening in businesses. You're mad that I, as a libertarian/Libertarian, am not more upset that the govt. didn't step in? What universe does that make sense in?

I'll type slowly:

Nobody has asked the government to intervene, that I am aware of.

I have never asked you to be upset about something I've never heard anyone suggest.

Oh, and?

straw man
ˌstrô ˈman/
noun
noun: strawman

an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

:smile:

MiddleGround

replete with Moron, dumb ass, Idiot, Retard ..... hence the responses from others

Are you gonna lump the moderator in there too? Would you like links to where she has called posters moron, retard, etc?

The problem is that it is easy to mock or call out those with whom you disagree and others are already engaged with. It takes guts to ask someone whom you see eye to eye with to do the same.

MiddleGround

MG frequently likes to open a discussion with "Hey dummy..."

Not well into the disagreement, now, but as an opener.

Yep. And none of your buddies have done the same huh? No way.. no how! :doh:

You all do it. What I am pointing out is that some (those who do not share the hive opinion) are ridiculed while the hive is lauded.

Midnightrider

Both come to the forums name calling and in no way deserving of a polite respectful response.

They have both been that way for years, Sappy under various pseudonyms. Don't think they'll ever earn that kind of response.

Dropped a turd in a thread huh? :lmao: I'm not saying youre not correct, just asking... Such as?

That's MRs favorite opener too.

Another puppet. Not surprised.

MR is who I meant. I have MG on Ignore and rarely see his posts.
Let’s just ignore the history you guys have of attacking people at every step......
I have polite and in depth debates with people who are capable. Gilligan, kyle, gurps, you and others do plenty of throwing stones but little actual debat8ng. But if you want to start fresh, let’s go. I won’t make any insults or call names until you do. :yay:

Who is in?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Are you gonna lump the moderator in there too? Would you like links to where she has called posters moron, retard, etc?

you can if you want to ....
I've had some disagreements with the Site Owner before ... we have kept it civil

YOU Specifically Mentioned Sappy and MR .... both of which have led off with what I stated as well as 'you really are a POS' :diva:
oh and you should add TJ / Trans to your 'why is everyone so nasty to X' query as well ... now I am a Russian Bot as well

MiddleGround

Dropped a turd in a thread huh? :lmao: I'm not saying youre not correct, just asking... Such as?

Of course you won't say I am correct. That goes against the principles of quite a lot of people on here.

Are you actually trying to say you have NEVER dropped into a thread and just joined in on the name calling, trolling, etc? Really??

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Let’s just ignore the history you guys have of attacking people at every step......
I have polite and in depth debates with people who are capable. Gilligan, kyle, gurps, you and others do plenty of throwing stones but little actual debat8ng. But if you want to start fresh, let’s go. I won’t make any insults or call names until you do. :yay:

Who is in?

A lie right out of the gate.

As far back as I can remember You have been a rude, name-calling and sad. No bones about it.

I have had plenty of polite courteous discussions on here with people I don’t agree with, you just aren’t one of them for good reason.

Midnightrider

A lie right out of the gate.

As far back as I can remember You have been a rude, name-calling and sad. No bones about it.

I have had plenty of polite courteous discussions on here with people I don’t agree with, you just aren’t one of them for good reason.

You have an awful lot of anger towards someone who usually ignores your trolling. You are projecting :yay:

I can find plenty of posts where I have honest debates with people. Sorry you chose not to read them

MiddleGround

YOU Specifically Mentioned Sappy and MR .... both of which have led off with what I stated as well as 'you really are a POS' :diva:

Yes. I did mention them specifically however, you added the context. I never said they do not have their fair share of turd throwing BUT, if we go there then we need to add others like Gilligan, Kyle, nutz, etc. All have walked in, tossed a turd, and continued from there. Everyone does it. I just think your post is a perfect example of how the buddies get absolution but the opposing views get crucified.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Of course you won't say I am correct. That goes against the principles of quite a lot of people on here.

Are you actually trying to say you have NEVER dropped into a thread and just joined in on the name calling, trolling, etc? Really??

I wasn’t denying it, I was asking to refresh my memory. :lmao:

ill tell you you i most certainly do. Again... it’s only against the asshat trolls in here.

Mic you behave in a decent respectful and polite manner I do too. If you demonstrate you aren’t, why should we be nice?

Chris0nllyn

I'll type slowly:

Nobody has asked the government to intervene, that I am aware of.
I have never asked you to be upset about something I've never heard anyone suggest.

Oh, and?

straw man
ˌstrô ˈman/
noun
noun: strawman

an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

:smile:

THAT'S THE POINT!!!!!!

As a libertarian I don't give a flying #### if a company chooses to pull (or pay for) advertising for whatever reason they want.

This started because you said:
Let me clue you in to what you're missing:

Just as a segment of our society will refuse to buy from a company because they don't like where they advertise, there are others who will support that company based on their courage in flipping the finger to the Leftists.

You, because you're a Leftist at heart, of course will do as you're told. Your handlers tell you git and do, and you can't move fast enough.

Others will resist your heavy-handed tactics and tell you to piss up a rope.

'Murca! :patriot:

You *say* you're all about freedom, and then you get bent out of shape because someone won't join your little fascist boycott. That, my friend, is hilarity.

Not my boycott, and I've never, ever, posted anything remotely close to accepting or agreeing with said boycott. So, will you admit you made this up?

There's another point you're missing. I give zero craps about Laura Ingraham specifically; I care very much about free speech, free press, and the ability to present opposing viewpoints. You should, too, Mr. "Libertarian".

It's also not about companies spending their money where they wish; it's about companies being politically pressured to defund that which the Leftists deem "unacceptable". And that's some Orwellian #### right there.

If you were a real libertarian, that would scare the crap out of you and you'd be railing against it.

I note that not only does it not disturb you, you support it.

And that's really all I need to know about your political leanings.

You little freedom lover, you. :cheekpinch: (But only if it's the *right* kind of freedom, eh? :wink: )

Outside of the intellectual knot here, can you see your problem now?

That you're mad at the fact that I, as a libertarian, am not more upset that the government has not stepped in? Do you realize now (and especially after you admit to no government intervention) that the actions of these companies are solely on their own shoulders? Pressure (political or societal; this case is more societal pressure with some political sprinkled in for good measure) not by government is not my problem.

Again, as a libertarian I am against governmental action or intervention that affects a company's decisions between itself and a concenting adult or other company or entity. I'm against action or intervention by government that picks winners and losers (Solyndra or the Ex-Im Bank for example). Why on earth should I be worried if a company decides to be a chicken#### and pull their advertising? It's their business, they can do what they wish.

Somehow, someway, you've completely ignored or forgotten, or simply never learned about libertarianism or the Libertarian Party.

Midnightrider

I wasn’t denying it, I was asking to refresh my memory. :lmao:

ill tell you you i most certainly do. Again... it’s only against the asshat trolls in here.

Mic you behave in a decent respectful and polite manner I do too. If you demonstrate you aren’t, why should we be nice?
It’s fun watching you try to blame your behavior on others.